1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    pbc

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

Default Problem with blutooth sync to Audi?

So for some reason when I have paired my N5 to my Audi, it does not carry into the directory all my contacts. Ie, using the cars interface I see maybe 30 of so of the hundreds that are on there.

Is there a particular reason some would pair over but not others?? Doesn't appear to be an alphabetic thing either. Get some but not all A's, some B's, etc.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Default Re: Problem with blutooth sync to Audi?

Maybe not directly related but...I can not get my N5 to send any contacts from my two Exchange Active Sync accounts (work or personal) to my vehicle's address book. So this morning I exported contacts from my personal EAS and imported into Gmail Contacts, which has never had any entries. Went to my vehicle and the Gmail contacts were immediately available. I'm not surprised it works with Gmail, but why no love for Microsoft Exchange ?

Work Mail Server: Exchange 2003.
    Personal Mail Server: Microsoft Exchange Online - hosted.
    2012 Ford Escape, basic My Ford Sync, address book was syncing fine with my BB Z10.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

I wonder if this is related ?
    Contacts imported but no phone numbers
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    pbc

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

Not sure as I haven't had much time to really look into it. I'm guessing it has something to do with where the contacts were originally created and for some reason is only syncing either from contacts I originally set up on my old phones and not all my exchange contacts. If there is a way to see the "originating" source of the contact, that would likely help me figure out the issue.

Looks like from that thread I can potentially export the contacts out and look at the differences in an excel file maybe...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    pbc

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

Well, it is definitely an issue with how my Audi and the Android email app work. I recently installed Touchdown HD to give it a try as an Exchange app, and now my car sees all the contacts in my phone.

So must have something to do with Exchange contacts and the stock Android email app which I'm hating more by the day! At this point it looks like I will have to drop $20 on that email client.

Had a 2010 Audi Q5 that worked just fine. Sold it a few weeks ago. The first time I paired it, the phone asked if I wanted to let the car download all the info from the address book and I did and checked do not ask again. Never had any issues.
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    pbc

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

Decided to uninstall Touchdown to see what happens, went back into my car, and once again only about 10% of my contacts are there. So def an issue with contacts created in Exchange from what I can deduce.

We have 2 Audi's and my nexus 5 works well with them. but I also dont have hundreds of contacts like OP.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    pbc

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

Are your contacts from an exchange based email client?