ADB ISSUE

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone help. I have been trying to sideload the 4.1.1 update all morning via adb. I believe adb is installed properly. I followed all instructions to get the drivers installed along with adb and when i plug in my device with usb debugging active, it recognizes my device by giving serial # and device next to it. I type in command adb reboot recovery, device goes into recovery, hit power button, then volume up to get into menu where i use power button to install from adb. In the command line, i renamed long zip to update.zip, then type exactly adb sideload update.zip and keep getting "cannot read update.zip". :mad::mad::mad: At this point after hours of trying different things to no avail I come to the forums for help. I have also tried leaving the file as is and copying and pasting into abd, didnt work, i also tried update.zip.zip, didnt work. I have no idea why it can't read file. If anyone has come across this and have found a fix, please share.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Is your update zip in the same directory as where you are running adb from?
Double check to verify that the filename doesn't have an extra .zip at the end (in windows explorer, right click on the filename and select properties) - it should be <filename>.zip

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
yeah, its in the platform-tools folder which is where adb is, also checked filename and it doesnt have extra zip @ end

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you got a bad download. Delete that file, and download it again (Verify MD5 if possible) - don't rename the file, and ADB sideload it again.

Can't think of any other reason.

QWIKSTRIKE

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
i HAD THIS PROBLEM and went to XDA to find help and in the OTA help desk I posted a fix that got me through on page 29 in that thread.