1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Photos in 4.4.1

Will the gallery app eventually go away? Until you can view your auto backup photos in the G+ app, I hope not. I don't like using two apps to essentially do the same things.
    I am however disappointed that you can no longer upload to Picasa albums. I just returned from a trip this weekend. I sideloaded 4.4.1 and when I tired to upload and create a new album, the option is no longer there. Anyway to create photo albums since the new update?

Sent from my badass Nexus 5

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Default Re: Photos in 4.4.1

They're both there, but there's a standalone auto awesome section in the photo app....unless I missed it in the initial 4.4......but I don't think so O_o

Nexus 5 4.4.1
    Got sideload?

Quote Originally Posted by krifor03 View Post
    They're both there, but there's a standalone auto awesome section in the photo app....unless I missed it in the initial 4.4......but I don't think so O_o

Nexus 5 4.4.1
    Got sideload?
    They are both there, but if you swipe left (to go to gallery) it now takes you to google+ photos right?

Quote Originally Posted by williams448 View Post
    Will the gallery app eventually go away? Until you can view your auto backup photos in the G+ app, I hope not. I don't like using two apps to essentially do the same things.
    I am however disappointed that you can no longer upload to Picasa albums. I just returned from a trip this weekend. I sideloaded 4.4.1 and when I tired to upload and create a new album, the option is no longer there. Anyway to create photo albums since the new update?

Sent from my badass Nexus 5
    Read this: Gallery and Photos: Why does the Nexus 5 have two ways to handle images?

The standard Gallery app is part of the Android Open Source Project, meaning it is included by default in every build of Android. The Photos App folder is exclusive to Nexus/Moto and will get a lot of Snapseed photo editing software I read on another site. Google acquire Nik Software, the German developer of photography app Snapseed, for an undisclosed amount to put Google + on par with Instagram and Facebook. Snapseed was a $4.99 IOS App of the year in 2011.

Picasa days are numbered and look for Photo App to get a lot of it's ability.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by krifor03 View Post

Nexus 5 4.4.1
    Got sideload?
    Not Auto Awesome, Auto Backup. You cant view your backed up photos in the G+ app. Therefore cant share them using the app.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I guess its back to using Picasa Tool app.

Not Auto Awesome, Auto Backup. You cant view your backed up photos in the G+ app. Therefore cant share them using the app.
    wait, what? I share and view my backed up photos on g+ all of the time. I just click the "photos" app, not the galary one and I can share those anywhere.

Auto awesome is a part of google+

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mattopotamus View Post
    wait, what? I share and view my backed up photos on g+ all of the time. I just click the "photos" app, not the galary one and I can share those anywhere.

Yup
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Are you on 4.4.1?

I understand Auto Awesome is apart of G+. The only photos I can view on G+ photos are the photos on my phone's storage, photos shared to G+, auto awesome photos, and my albums. If I was to delete a photo from my phone's storage, it will remain in my Auto Backup folder. I cannot view my Auto Backup folder in the G+ photos app. I have to open my gallery app to do so.

Are you on 4.4.1?
    No is auto awesome now a new app? If so, that doesn't even make sense
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

No is auto awesome now a new app? If so, that doesn't even make sense
    I'm not talking about auto awesome, I'm talking about auto backup.

I'm not talking about auto awesome, I'm talking about auto backup.
    Right. Auto backup backs up to google+...auto awesome is part of Google +

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Are you on 4.4.1?

I understand Auto Awesome is apart of G+. The only photos I can view on G+ photos are the photos on my phone's storage, photos shared to G+, auto awesome photos, and my albums. If I was to delete a photo from my phone's storage, it will remain in my Auto Backup folder. I cannot view my Auto Backup folder in the G+ photos app. I have to open my gallery app to do so.
    So what is under the Highlights folder of Google+ Photos? All of my backed up photos are located there, which are not on my phone.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Right. Auto backup backs up to google+...auto awesome is part of Google +
    Exactly. I'm fussing about not being able to view Auto Backup folder in the G+ app, and not being able to place the photos on my phones storage in a new album.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaron View Post
    So what is under the Highlights folder of Google+ Photos? All of my backed up photos are located there, which are not on my phone.
    Wow! I completely overlooked that. I was looking for an Auto Backup folder, like on G+ desktop site.
    Thanked by:
    Gwaron