4.4.2 is rolling out on the Nexus 5, who has it?

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
My battery life seems really bad after the update. Before 4.4.2 I was on 4.4 and my battery would barely go down on standby. I just got 4.4.2 and have been using it lightly for about an hour and I went from 99-83% in roughly an hour.

Posted via Android Central App

craiggrego

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Got mine today, New Zealand based here on 2degrees.
Only had for about an hour but the battery performance seems pretty good so far.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

berklon

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I sideloaded 4.4.1 last week, and 4.4.2 came down over wifi today. I'm with Telus if that makes a difference.

Can anyone tell me the difference between 4.4.1 and 4.4.2? (and don't say ".1")

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Just got the 4.4.2 OTA today, trying out the camera now...(Got the N7 OTA 4.4.2 last weekend)

I like the improved keyboard sounds, different sound for the space bar, backspace etc. is cool. :cool:
The sound has increased at least on the keyboard sounds, and music coming out of the speaker(Pandora,Tuneinradio)
not as distorted but sounds tinnier. Needs a little bass boost, so I'll play with the equalizer in "Play Music".

Last edited:

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
My battery life seems really bad after the update. Before 4.4.2 I was on 4.4 and my battery would barely go down on standby. I just got 4.4.2 and have been using it lightly for about an hour and I went from 99-83% in roughly an hour.
Do you have an app with wake lock? I had to uninstall Lightflow because it was chewing up battery after the update. I switched to Light Manager which is working out a lot better.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
My 4.4.2 update came at 3 PM. The first thing I did was try the camera. The improvement is significant!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 96505

Hi, This is the screenshot. The upgrade is not starting to download.

Please guide.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, when I got it there was a button on that screen to "start download" or such. Try to tap under that text all around and especially bottom right. Your device isn't rendering the whole image I don't think. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Prateek Garg

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Tried pressing everywhere on the screen. Still not working. :(

I am connected to a Hot Spot WIFI from my Samsung Tab. Is that making a difference?

Hi, when I got it there was a button on that screen to "start download" or such. Try to tap under that text all around and especially bottom right. Your device isn't rendering the whole image I don't think. Let us know how it goes.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Tried pressing everywhere on the screen. Still not working. :(

I am connected to a Hot Spot WIFI from my Samsung Tab. Is that making a difference?

I don't know, sorry. Best I can offer is maybe reboot and wait to get the notice again?