I do not have any haptic feedback/keyboard vibration

jaymzb0nd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Under Settings/Sound, I have Vibrate on touch checked. I use SwiftKey and under those settings I also have it checked to vibrate on keyless but still nothing. I tried using the stock keyboard in case it's a SwiftKey issue but that doesn't vibrate either.

Any ideas?

Edit: I just realized the phone doesn't vibrate at all, even for calls. When I set the ringer to vibrate, it's just quiet. Guess it's a hardware issue.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like it may indeed be a hardware issue. The thing I noticed about the vibrate feature in the Nexus 5 I auditioned that it was really unique. I like the intensity/resonance of it. As far as you know has the vibration function ever worked?

jaymzb0nd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like it may indeed be a hardware issue. The thing I noticed about the vibrate feature in the Nexus 5 I auditioned that it was really unique. I like the intensity/resonance of it. As far as you know has the vibration function ever worked?

Hi. No it never did. I tried a hard reset but it still didn't work. My new (or refurbished) Nexus 5 will be delivered today.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi. No it never did. I tried a hard reset but it still didn't work. My new (or refurbished) Nexus 5 will be delivered today.

I hate it when hardware issues occur. I have an app which checks the sensors just in case this happens. If it doesn't show up under the list, it's not working properly. Anyway, I'm glad you're getting a replacement. Be sure to tell us how the new one is

Sent from my Nexus 5 running delicious KitKat

davidj028

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thing happen. Got my Nexus 5 yesterday and the vibration was working at first, but as I was typing in my google account info on setup, it just stopped.

I tried unchecking/checking the settings, restarting, factory resetting, nothing...I eventually found that if I shook the device lightly, it would start working again for just a bit, but then it would stop again.

Ended up RMAing it and now waiting for my replacement...

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Same but same issue on Redmi Note 3.. Shaking the device will make it work again. But this only happenes when i'm trying to type something.. Really freaks me out.