Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jaymzb0nd
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I do not have any haptic feedback/keyboard vibration

Under Settings/Sound, I have Vibrate on touch checked. I use SwiftKey and under those settings I also have it checked to vibrate on keyless but still nothing. I tried using the stock keyboard in case it's a SwiftKey issue but that doesn't vibrate either.

Any ideas?

Edit: I just realized the phone doesn't vibrate at all, even for calls. When I set the ringer to vibrate, it's just quiet. Guess it's a hardware issue.
    slik6996 likes this.

Global Posts
    6,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: I do not have any haptic feedback/keyboard vibration

It sounds like it may indeed be a hardware issue. The thing I noticed about the vibrate feature in the Nexus 5 I auditioned that it was really unique. I like the intensity/resonance of it. As far as you know has the vibration function ever worked?
    Live long and prosper.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    It sounds like it may indeed be a hardware issue. The thing I noticed about the vibrate feature in the Nexus 5 I auditioned that it was really unique. I like the intensity/resonance of it. As far as you know has the vibration function ever worked?
    Hi. No it never did. I tried a hard reset but it still didn't work. My new (or refurbished) Nexus 5 will be delivered today.

Global Posts
    6,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

It's cool that you got a replacement.

Optimus G Pro
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock faux123

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzb0nd View Post
    Hi. No it never did. I tried a hard reset but it still didn't work. My new (or refurbished) Nexus 5 will be delivered today.
    I hate it when hardware issues occur. I have an app which checks the sensors just in case this happens. If it doesn't show up under the list, it's not working properly. Anyway, I'm glad you're getting a replacement. Be sure to tell us how the new one is

Sent from my Nexus 5 running delicious KitKat

I had the same thing happen. Got my Nexus 5 yesterday and the vibration was working at first, but as I was typing in my google account info on setup, it just stopped.

I tried unchecking/checking the settings, restarting, factory resetting, nothing...I eventually found that if I shook the device lightly, it would start working again for just a bit, but then it would stop again.

Ended up RMAing it and now waiting for my replacement...