4.4.1/4.4.2

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know if you can get 4.4.2 if you side-loaded 4.4.1? I assume you can but in the post it seemed like you would not. Anybody know?

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to receive 4.4.1 OTA on any of my devices (N7-12, N7-13, N4, N5).
Does anybody know if you can get 4.4.2 if you side-loaded 4.4.1? I assume you can but in the post it seemed like you would not. Anybody know?

You should still get it (eventually) OTA regardless of whether your 4.4.1 was installed OTA or via side-loading.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

Yes you can. I side loaded from 4.4.1 to 4.4.2. Just search on Google and you should find the update. I found it on xda

Sent from my Nexus 5 running delicious KitKat

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Got tired of waiting. Side loaded 4.4.1 then 4.4.2. Eager to check out the camera in action tomorrow. All update packages here on AC also.

Sent from my bada$$ Nexus 5

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I tried that. Nothing. Then I tried being on WiFi for an hr or two, nothing. Damn Google, what's a dude got to do to get an OTA?!

Posted via Android Central App

I tried restarting and it didn't work.
Then I tried going under apps>all>Google framework services. When there, clear data.

Go back to about phone>system update and it should have a date for 1969. Hit check now and 4.2.2 will pop up!

Happy upgrading!
P.S. I just did this momenta ago :)

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I tried restarting and it didn't work.
Then I tried going under apps>all>Google framework services. When there, clear data.

Go back to about phone>system update and it should have a date for 1969. Hit check now and 4.2.2 will pop up!

Happy upgrading!
P.S. I just did this momenta ago :)

I've read articles that doing that can screw up some apps. Last time I did that I had to log back into my Google account because I could not download anything from the play store.

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??

joe767

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm out of the country and spent 4 hours on Sunday try to side load 4.4.1. It never worked, was getting device not found when side loading. But yesterday morning I checked and I had received the OTA for 4.4.2. Needless to say I was quit upset with myself spending 4 hours at a slow Internet cafe in Africa trying to download everything. Be patient it will show up. I went from 4.4 to 4.4.2.

joe767

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm out of the country and spent 4 hours on Sunday try to side load 4.4.1. It never worked, was getting device not found when side loading. But yesterday morning I checked and I had received the OTA for 4.4.2. Needless to say I was quit upset with myself spending 4 hours at a slow Internet cafe in Africa trying to download everything. Be patient it will show up. I went from 4.4 to 4.4.2.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Just be patient dude...it'll come to everyone eventually OTA

Exactly. Everything is a slow roll out to prevent issues. First only 1% get it, then it slowly increases up until Google feels the update is fine. This is just a phone safety thing. They don't want issues like what the ones that have been happening on other phones *cough* Samsung galaxy s3 *cough*

Sent from my Nexus 5 running delicious KitKat