1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Home and back buttons in the way!

Hi there,

Just recently switched from iPhone to Nexus 5 and loving it so far. Great phone and really liking the vanilla Android experience.

There is one qwerk with this phone that bothers me a little and that is the bottom part of the screen where the Home and back buttons are located.

They seem to stay visible for some apps like NHL Gamecentre or games like Real Racing 3 and is eating up real estate on my screen and not allowing the game or video to fully utilize the full screen. I dont have this problem with apps like Youtube or Vevo as they use up the entire screen, which I like and expect.

Is there anyway to remove that so that the full screen can be utilized? Its kind of distracting.
    Thx.

Home and back buttons in the way!-screenshot_2013-12-10-12-43-00.jpgHome and back buttons in the way!-screenshot_2013-12-10-12-45-16.png

Default Re: Home and back buttons in the way!

Heck, the screen is already about 75% larger than your old iPhone's; you still need that extra little bit?

But, seriously... it is up to the application developer to use the screen real estate as he sees fit. So, tell those guys what you want and maybe they will listen.

Yeah I agree, you could fit an entire iPhone 5 onto the screen of the nexus 5 haha

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

lol yes i realize the screen is much bigger then what I had. BUT I WANT MORE!

All kidding aside, its more of a distraction thing for me i guess then anything. seeing these white icons on the side of the screen overlaying a black bar. It just sticks out. Guess its something I need to get use to. Contacting the developers with my feedback would be best bet. Thanks guys.

ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

I was a huge critic of soft-buttons when they first came out, but I like them now.

The main benefit is that they have persistent positioning. If my phone is upside down or on a side the buttons are in the same place (at the bottom or on the right). They move with your display.