1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Email Image size HELP

Hi there, before on Jelly Bean when sending an email from the stock email app, there was a pop up asking you to choose the size of the image attached, now on Kitkat 4.4.0 and 4.4.2 (nexus 5) I haven't found this option anymore, any ideas?

The option to choose image size was extremely useful, as you could send an email with a non important picture of 100kb or so, instead of the original 4mb one.

Is there any settings or adjustment I am missing?

Cheers!

Default Re: Email Image size HELP

Yup, you probably just hit the "Always" button instead of "Just once" when asked to set the size (or KitKat made it the default by, well, default). In any case, just go into your e-mail app, go to Settings, and you should see a "Compose" option or something like that. There you should be able to find the Picture Size option (I believe there's even an option to set it to "Always Ask").

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JRod7722 View Post
    Hi there, before on Jelly Bean when sending an email from the stock email app, there was a pop up asking you to choose the size of the image attached, now on Kitkat 4.4.0 and 4.4.2 (nexus 5) I haven't found this option anymore, any ideas?

The option to choose image size was extremely useful, as you could send an email with a non important picture of 100kb or so, instead of the original 4mb one.

Cheers!
    I use the stock email app, and Aqua Mail Pro, and I know of no settings to reduce the image size, using either app.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks guys, but I don't find that "compose" setting. Actually the settings on the new email app suck, as you only have very few settings to move around:
    - confirm before deleting
    - confirm before sending
    - auto advance
    - sender image
    - reply all (use as default...)
    - swipe to delete

Is there another place where I can see more email settings, I believe this is a very simple issue but have been stuck for hours trying to solve it out...

I have only seen that option in MMS messages. Just checked another email app I use (MyMail) and there is no setting either.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by JRod7722 View Post

Cheers!
    I had the same question over in the X forums. At least on the N5, you can choose a default size in the camera options/settings (I think it's under "more options", like the third menu as you swipe up in camera mode if I'm recalling correctly). Granted, this makes *every* photo you take the size that you choose, but if all you really do is snap for emails and mms then having a 100kb size as your default shouldnt really be an issue. Unfortunately, I discovered this built in option isn't available on the X with Kit Kat.
    Nexus 5/Moto X