Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By naviwilliams
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,306 Global Posts

Default Nexus 5 32GB

I think I'm ordering a Nexus 5, 32GB this week. I typically use a BlackBerry Z10, but have a Samsung Galaxy s3, too. Interesting times ahead, no?

I hope the 32GB will be enough.
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.

Default Re: Nexus 5 32GB

Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    I think I'm ordering a Nexus 5, 32GB this week. I typically use a BlackBerry Z10, but have a Samsung Galaxy s3, too. Interesting times ahead, no?

32 should be enough for everyone. Just don't carry as much media. You will be fine.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP
    Thanked by:
    Gwaron 

Go for it. I've been using the Z10 as my daily driver since it came out but ever since my Nexus 5 arrived, my SIM has been in that phone mostly

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,306 Global Posts

I've watched quite a few videos on this device now. I'm almost there to purchase. Just trying to make sure this is the right one versus the Moto X...

Has anyone tried the Moto x?

I've watched quite a few videos on this device now. I'm almost there to purchase. Just trying to make sure this is the right one versus the Moto X...

Unlocked with a better screen, faster updates superior hardware.....Exceptional customization with Nova launcher, Textra text apps and I don't miss the SG3
    Last edited by QWIKSTRIKE; 12-11-2013 at 07:42 AM.

The Moto x is nice too but can't go wrong with the N5. Hope you enjoy it, I know I do.

Still Rocking a blackberry huh? I have a nexus 5 and moto x and love them both. I would get rid of the others and get a N5 and moto x. They are both awesome devices.

The recent 4.4.2 update has improved the camera and speaker on the N5. I would have given the edge to the moto x before but this is progress. Nothing like Nexus updates.

Sent from my bada$$ Nexus 5
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,306 Global Posts

So now the plot thickens...

The Moto X is readily available
    The Nexus 5 has to be ordered

After even more research to me, just me, it seems the Moto X is leading the pack as in the choice I might make. Honestly, I have a headache...

I need to look into the LED notification with the Moto X. If it doesn't have that, well, that might be a deal breaker right there.

So now the plot thickens...

The Moto X is readily available
    The Nexus 5 has to be ordered

After even more research to me, just me, it seems the Moto X is leading the pack as in the choice I might make. Honestly, I have a headache...

I need to look into the LED notification with the Moto X. If it doesn't have that, well, that might be a deal breaker right there.
    Moto X has active notifications, not LED notifications. Those that use Moto X love them.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I ordered my N5 32G on Tuesday afternoon, opted for next day air (not much difference in regular shipping) , and received it yesterday.......less than 20 hours. Grooving on my new N5. Down the road I'll probably pick up an X for the stable, too! Enjoy!
    Stock Android on N4, N5, N7
    "........another day on the farm!"
    Bob W.

Global Posts
    726 Global Posts

Bout time you saw the light. I have the X and the Nexus 5. Since I got the nexus my Sim has only been in the X a few times. Great device but I just like the Nexus a little more.

Go for it the look of it looks like a Z10 no buttons on the front makes it look really rich.. and for $399 for a unlocked phone 32GB not bad at all.. Let's us know if you get in and how you like it

Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Nexus all the way..

Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    Bout time you saw the light. I have the X and the Nexus 5. Since I got the nexus my Sim has only been in the X a few times. Great device but I just like the Nexus a little more.

My X was getting more SIM time but this 4.4.2 update is sweet! Liking the camera and speaker tweaks.

Sent from my bada$$ Nexus 5
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

Quote Originally Posted by net62957 View Post
    I ordered my N5 32G on Tuesday afternoon, opted for next day air (not much difference in regular shipping) , and received it yesterday.......less than 20 hours. Grooving on my new N5. Down the road I'll probably pick up an X for the stable, too! Enjoy!
    Like planoman said, it's a killer combo. They're both such wonderful devices on a basic level...they just highlight different features. At first I was surprised at how much I noticed such a negligible difference in screen size, but now I have come to enjoy how good the X (with a case) feels in the hand.

Nexus 5/Moto X
    Nexus 5/Moto X
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,306 Global Posts

Well, well, what a week. I've been researching the Moto X, LG G2 and Nexus 5 all week. I went to AT&T today to buy the Moto X or even the LG G2.

Anyway, after playing with both units I have to say, I wasn't wowed and I didn't think either was better than my Z10 or even my Samsung Galaxy S3. I was about to spend $400+, and it simply wasn't worth it in that price range.

Now, don't get me wrong, the devices are nice and all that (the LG G2 more than the Moto X) but for what I was spending, I simply couldn't justify it.

Maybe in January/February something else will be released with a little more wow factor for me...

I played with a friends Nexus 5, and again, I wasn't wowed. Maybe I'm just weird.

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Well, well, what a week. I've been researching the Moto X, LG G2 and Nexus 5 all week. I went to AT&T today to buy the Moto X or even the LG G2.

Anyway, after playing with both units I have to say, I wasn't wowed and I didn't think either was better than my Z10 or even my Samsung Galaxy S3. I was about to spend $400+, and it simply wasn't worth it in that price range.

Now, don't get me wrong, the devices are nice and all that (the LG G2 more than the Moto X) but for what I was spending, I simply couldn't justify it.

Maybe in January/February something else will be released with a little more wow factor for me...

I played with a friends Nexus 5, and again, I wasn't wowed. Maybe I'm just weird.
    You're not weird, such is the state of things now. I have a G2 and Optimus G Pro, both decent but not a lot of WoW factor.

gp8.3
    Live long and prosper.