"say: Okay Google" disappears

losl

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
"say: Okay Google" not showing up in the search bar, but still can be activated and working.

Something wrong ?

Thank you !

SLo

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
"say: Okay Google" not showing up in the search bar, but still can be activated and working.

Something wrong ?

Thank you !

SLo

No everything is fine. After you use it a couple of times it vanishes. It is still active, just make sure the microphone is solid white, then it is listening. The "OK Google" thing is a part of the guide thing when you set up your phone.

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??

rap1

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I wish there was a way to keep that functionality and use an alternative launcher. The stock app drawer drives me crazy. If I use Nova launcher then no "OK, Google..." functionality with out first pressing a mic button.

Cam McB

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
This is driving me absolutely nuts too.

Either the GELauncher needs to add the ability to hide apps in the app drawer AND edit their icon/name or Nova needs to update the Persistent Search to pull from the GEL resources.

I am so torn between the awesome google now/voice control and having a cluttered drawer! It's making my OCD turn into bipolar disorder, I swear.

IBM Kid

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
If you install open mic+ you could probably use tasker to only enable it when you have nova open. That way you could have the listening while you are in your launcher without it running all the time and draining battery.
It still would not be as fast as GEL because it is actually a part of the search app. This would never be possible no matter what the nova devs did though because they cant modify the search app.

Posted via Android Central App

thetonyclifton

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I justed picked up ky first android phone and really enjoying the change. I don't really have a use for voice search, can it be switched off and will this save battery?