Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shocktribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint 4.4.2

I thought every Nexus device gets upgraded directly from Google but I'm lacking any update for 4.4.1 or 4.4.2.

I'm curious if any other Sprint users in the NY area have gotten it yet...

Posted via Android Central App
    srkmagnus likes this.

Default Re: Sprint 4.4.2

My n5 isn't on any carrier yet but I haven't gotten it either (on WiFi). By the way, I'm also a Sprint customer (just not my Nexus 5) and I'm in a neighboribg general geographical area.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Shocktribe View Post
    I thought every Nexus device gets upgraded directly from Google but I'm lacking any update for 4.4.1 or 4.4.2.

Yea I'm on sprint, and I got it. I am in the Boston area. I think you need to be on Wi-Fi for awhile. I left my phone on Wi-Fi for about a day, so on my day off I got it late afternoon.

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??

I got my update from XDA via side load.....I don't thinlk that Sprint controlsd the OTA's; However since it is a unlocked phone you can side load it on XDA. I wrote a post on how to do this on the OTA help desk on XDA on page 29 of that thread.....my part shows how I over came the error issue of ADB sideload! Ten minutes and you will be happy and never wait again for an update with XDA and an unlocekd phone.

I'm on Sprint in Brooklyn and got the update for my N5 two days ago.

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Reboot the device then connect to WiFi. If it doesn't update it possibly has not rolled out to you yet. For reference, updates are rolled out in phases. I'm not sure how they determine who gets what and when, but updates are typically rolled out in phases and typically can last days or weeks before it rolls out to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Reboot the device then connect to WiFi. If it doesn't update it possibly has not rolled out to you yet. For reference, updates are rolled out in phases. I'm not sure how they determine who gets what and when, but updates are typically rolled out in phases and typically can last days or weeks before it rolls out to everyone.
    If you want it that bad just go to XDA and do the sideload wtf it's not that complicated, and you need not be rooted to do this! With all the posyt, an all the million questions that have answered this wy does new questions pop up saying the same old thing.lol