Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Adranalyne
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default DP Review's take on Nexus 5's Camera after the 4.4.1 update

Check out DP Review's article on the camera improvements after the 4.4.1 update:
    Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Default Re: DP Review's take on Nexus 5's Camera after the 4.4.1 update

Google's not done with camera improvements either, there was mention of a RAW shooting mode that they were working on but wasn't finished yet when the Nexus 5 was released. Hopefully they keep improving the camera software.
    A proud former Nexus 4 Limbo level-2 member

Looks pretty good. Side loaded the updates but have not really put the camera through it's paces. Maybe this weekend.

The few I have taken have been noticeably better to my eyes.

Sent from my bada$$ Nexus 5
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
    Banned

Let's be honest here: The previous iterations of the Nexus line have been lackluster at best as far as the camera is concerned. This launch, with the marketing approach firmly geared towards the camera, they released the device with yet again a lackluster camera. This time, however, the hardware was more than capable of producing good photos. In fact, it's capable of producing some excellent photos. What happened was sites like the Verge put a very negative stigma on the camera, almost as if drawing on how the Nexus line has been before. The same thing with the battery.

As time has gone on, specifically with the update, there's really no disputing that the camera is pretty good. Is it the best on a smartphone? No, but it's a more than capable shooter that I'm comfortable getting on a phone that's $349 off contract. Actually, it exceeds my expectations for a camera on a phone at this price point. It's unfortunate that they released the camera with some glaring software issues as all it's done has given critics and people who have no idea what the hell they're talking about reason to say the camera "sucks".

So if anyone is reading this, post-update, the camera doesn't suck. Far from it. I don't care what you've read review-wise or what your friend without the update claims; it's good and you should be more than happy with it.
    Thanked by 2:
    planoman and Sir Alex like this.