Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By planoman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5 failing to show up in ADB/recovery

Hey, Everyone.

This is like my last resort, I've done everything, and anything I could think of, from adding lines to googles USBdrivers "android-winusb.inf" to threatening to throw my phone at a wall, no avail. Finally managed to get the drivers installed for "Nexus 5" and "Android Composite ADB Interface", but the second my phone goes into boot loader, or recovery, "AOSP on hammerhead" shows up instead, and the other two pieces of "hardware" disappear from device manager. Trying to install the same files as before won't show up, even if I select the path directly to it, playing with some files get's me to encountering an error trying to install it" then mentions something to do with a hash??

Totally clueless, all I want to do is go from 4.4 to 4.4.2, haha. I tried doing the update over my phone, but when the update finally showed up, I rebooted for the install, TWRP popped up, it then installed something really quickly and then rebooted back to Android. Shows 4.4 on the system still, update is no longer showing either:\

I'll upload a screenshot, the phones showing up on ADB, then when I force it into bootloader, then go to my recovery, it disapears.. Any help is very much appreciated.

Nexus 5 failing to show up in ADB/recovery-1496350_10152082472174769_1834217245_o.jpg

Default Re: Nexus 5 failing to show up in ADB/recovery

I have a new computer and did not want to use it for this so I used my old desktop. I used wugs toolkit to put the drivers on for me. I had to to clear out a bunch of old drivers but it did the trick. Once it installed the drivers (I think it was a universal driver) my nexus was recognized and I did the sideloads in a few minutes.

Just do a computer restart when it recommends it.

Sent from my bada$$ Nexus 5
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
    Thanked by:
    DSWR 
    DSWR likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    I have a new computer and did not want to use it for this so I used my old desktop. I used wugs toolkit to put the drivers on for me. I had to to clear out a bunch of old drivers but it did the trick. Once it installed the drivers (I think it was a universal driver) my nexus was recognized and I did the sideloads in a few minutes.

Just do a computer restart when it recommends it.

Sent from my bada$$ Nexus 5
    You're my new best friend... Worked! Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by DSWR View Post
    You're my new best friend... Worked! Cheers
    glad it worked for you! Enjoy that 4.4.2!
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...