Nexus5 Camera

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Back when I had the Galaxy S4GE, there were two reasons I didn't go with the stock android camera - 1, it didn't save to the SD card. 2, I couldn't turn off the sound.

1 is no longer an issue, but 2 still bugs me. Not trying to take any weird shots, just don't like the sound going off all the time.

I can run a camera app like I have in the past, which I will probably do, but my question is will the camera improvements brought in with 4.4.2 carry into any 3rd party camera apps?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Back when I had the Galaxy S4GE, there were two reasons I didn't go with the stock android camera - 1, it didn't save to the SD card. 2, I couldn't turn off the sound.

1 is no longer an issue, but 2 still bugs me. Not trying to take any weird shots, just don't like the sound going off all the time.

I can run a camera app like I have in the past, which I will probably do, but my question is will the camera improvements brought in with 4.4.2 carry into any 3rd party camera apps?

No. The updates are for the stock camera app only. That's why a lot of people just use 3rd party apps anyway, a lot of the times they have more options and different settings than the stock app

Posted via Android Central App