How to delete auto backup album from gallery

Arantxa Hernan

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I am going mad! I cannot delete the auto backup album from my photo gallery. I deleted it from the Photos (Google+), but it is still showing on the gallery. How can I do it please?

Thanks. :-*

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I am going mad! I cannot delete the auto backup album from my photo gallery. I deleted it from the Photos (Google+), but it is still showing on the gallery. How can I do it please?

Thanks. :-*

you need to go to settings---apps---all apps and choose gallary. You will then need to clear and delete all data. This will remove all of your photos though. It is the only way I know how to delete the album.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I had to disable the Google+ App and it app disappeared. The images will still be backed up but not showing on your device.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

George Stevens

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
This seems to be an ongoing problem with androids. I had the same prpblem with my samsung 4.2.

Ya know, I somehow managed to get to a place on gallery that has the delete trash can, and i click on a photo, and then it asks me if I want to delete it, and I say yeah...and then nothing happens anyway!

George Stevens

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
You can turn off the Auto Backup feature within Google+ for photos...that's what I've done with mine.
???......
Can u tell me exactly how to do that?

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I did it too - and it worked - and then it all came back again!!! I really hate this.

The only way I found to do it is to Google search for the link that will take you directly to Picasa Web albums on a pc WITHOUT being auto redirected to Google+ and then login with your Google account. You should see them all there and be able to delete them. Make sure to delete the trash items as well if you see any.

Google did a hack job of transferring Picasa services to Google Plus for photos. Make sure you no longer have any photos synced on your phone settings as well. Personally I don't recommend using Google for photo sync or autoupload of camera shots

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
From what I understand Photo is going to be the main folder on 4.0 Kit Kat and Gallery is just there since it was in the universal Android distributed code. Google Auto Awesome experience only is accessed via the Photo folder not Gallery. I have seen a person with a HTC one that was upgraded to Kit Kat and she had the Photo folder and could use Google Auto Awesome tools. She loved it when I showed her how to make snow fall on one of her pictures and then created a Gif image of that picture in Google Auto Awesome servers that she could send to her friends.

VandiS

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
From what I understand Photo is going to be the main folder on 4.0 Kit Kat and Gallery is just there since it was in the universal Android distributed code. Google Auto Awesome experience only is accessed via the Photo folder not Gallery. I have seen a person with a HTC one that was upgraded to Kit Kat and she had the Photo folder and could use Google Auto Awesome tools. She loved it when I showed her how to make snow fall on one of her pictures and then created a Gif image of that picture in Google Auto Awesome servers that she could send to her friends.

You can delete the auto backup photos here. It takes time.. One problem I see is the image thumbnail remains in the auto back up folder in my nexus 5 even after I delete the photo from picasa and its trash folder...

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/search/#AutoBackup

I'm not liking the while experience....

Jeremy Vaughn

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I figured it out! The easiest way is to 1) tap on Gallery, 2) press menu button, 3) press Content to display, 4) uncheck Content in Picasa. This will remove the Auto backup completely from your device. You should then go on your pc and remove the photos from your Google+ account if you dont want them on there either

Vernon Jackson

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I have auto back up turned off yet my photos are still being recorded...and deleted from my device if I attempt to delete them from my phone(!?) How may I regain control over my photographs please.