Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry How to delete auto backup album from gallery

Hello,

I am going mad! I cannot delete the auto backup album from my photo gallery. I deleted it from the Photos (Google+), but it is still showing on the gallery. How can I do it please?

Thanks.

Default Re: How to delete auto backup album from gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Arantxa Hernan View Post
    Hello,

I am going mad! I cannot delete the auto backup album from my photo gallery. I deleted it from the Photos (Google+), but it is still showing on the gallery. How can I do it please?

Thanks.
    you need to go to settings---apps---all apps and choose gallary. You will then need to clear and delete all data. This will remove all of your photos though. It is the only way I know how to delete the album.
    Thanked by:
    Rubeni Alimasi likes this.

I had to disable the Google+ App and it app disappeared. The images will still be backed up but not showing on your device.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Hi there!
    I have gone to my apps, and not gallery at all... is it normal? thanks

- - - Updated - - -

found it!

you need to delete the photos from your pc, go to photos with google + and delete them there
    Android Central - Super Member
    "Don't forget to thank him/her who helped you"

Quote Originally Posted by Arantxa Hernan View Post
    Hi there!
    I have gone to my apps, and not gallery at all... is it normal? thanks

- - - Updated - - -

found it!
    You can turn off the Auto Backup feature within Google+ for photos...that's what I've done with mine.
    Thanked by:

This seems to be an ongoing problem with androids. I had the same prpblem with my samsung 4.2.

Ya know, I somehow managed to get to a place on gallery that has the delete trash can, and i click on a photo, and then it asks me if I want to delete it, and I say yeah...and then nothing happens anyway!

I don't have Gallery in my aps either.

You can turn off the Auto Backup feature within Google+ for photos...that's what I've done with mine.
    Can u tell me exactly how to do that?

found it!

Where did u find it?

Quote Originally Posted by bear_lx View Post
    you need to delete the photos from your pc, go to photos with google + and delete them there

I'll try that later. I think I finally managed to delete a photo on my samsung android, and it only took me about ten hours, but I don't remember how I did it.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

i finally did it, I turned Google+ off and it worked.

I did it too - and it worked - and then it all came back again!!! I really hate this.

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by George Stevens View Post
    I did it too - and it worked - and then it all came back again!!! I really hate this.
    The only way I found to do it is to Google search for the link that will take you directly to Picasa Web albums on a pc WITHOUT being auto redirected to Google+ and then login with your Google account. You should see them all there and be able to delete them. Make sure to delete the trash items as well if you see any.

Google did a hack job of transferring Picasa services to Google Plus for photos. Make sure you no longer have any photos synced on your phone settings as well. Personally I don't recommend using Google for photo sync or autoupload of camera shots
    The complacency about security among android users is disturbing.

From what I understand Photo is going to be the main folder on 4.0 Kit Kat and Gallery is just there since it was in the universal Android distributed code. Google Auto Awesome experience only is accessed via the Photo folder not Gallery. I have seen a person with a HTC one that was upgraded to Kit Kat and she had the Photo folder and could use Google Auto Awesome tools. She loved it when I showed her how to make snow fall on one of her pictures and then created a Gif image of that picture in Google Auto Awesome servers that she could send to her friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Shilohcane View Post
    From what I understand Photo is going to be the main folder on 4.0 Kit Kat and Gallery is just there since it was in the universal Android distributed code. Google Auto Awesome experience only is accessed via the Photo folder not Gallery. I have seen a person with a HTC one that was upgraded to Kit Kat and she had the Photo folder and could use Google Auto Awesome tools. She loved it when I showed her how to make snow fall on one of her pictures and then created a Gif image of that picture in Google Auto Awesome servers that she could send to her friends.
    You can delete the auto backup photos here. It takes time.. One problem I see is the image thumbnail remains in the auto back up folder in my nexus 5 even after I delete the photo from picasa and its trash folder...

I'm not liking the while experience....

I figured it out! The easiest way is to 1) tap on Gallery, 2) press menu button, 3) press Content to display, 4) uncheck Content in Picasa. This will remove the Auto backup completely from your device. You should then go on your pc and remove the photos from your Google+ account if you dont want them on there either
    Thanked by 3:

How to delete auto backup album .

THank you!! I will check on Google + also. This is certainly frustrating!

I have auto back up turned off yet my photos are still being recorded...and deleted from my device if I attempt to delete them from my phone(!?) How may I regain control over my photographs please.

there is no such photo folder, this thumbnail in auto backup is irriating please get me a permanent fix. even deleting all the pics doesn't help.

visit this link and select auto backup and delete the pics.
    worked for me.

I eventually gave in! I am now using "photos" to view my pictures instead of Gallery. I disabled the Gallery app so I didnt have to look at the stupid picasa folder. I've grown on the "photos" app. I like how 'Highlights' is layed out

Its very simple to get rid of the auto backup folder.
    Please try the following steps:
    Login to google+ on your PC.
    go to photos, you'll be able to see all your albums there.
    Click on the arrow on the extreme right end top of the album.
    Select all your photos and click on option move to bin.
    you can later empty your bin.
    All your photos will be deleted and you'll not see any auto backup folder on your android device.

I hope this will work for you.
    you can contact me on my email for any further issues with android or any windows devices.

Thanks,
    Aditya Roy

I got mine cleaned up. First, delete the photos from G+. Go to Settings, select Apps. On the top, you will see DOWNLOADED, RUNNING, ALL. You need to swipe to left to see ALL. Under ALL, you will find Gallery. Select Gallery, Force Stop, Clear Data....... That's it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast