Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

Default Re: Not good news.....

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Mine does not have those issues. And if people whose power buttons are slightly rattly don't notice or mind, it's not an issue. A lot of the whining that goes on about minute flaws is just ridiculous yet highly entertaining, like looking at a fussing baby (if it happens to be your own I guess).

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    You must have a "special" Nexus 5.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jaj324 View Post

Every Nexus 5 is special.

But if you mean without any real flaws, beautiful, completely functional, and addicting, Yes.

Thanked by 2:
    newsman787, Choorp and Gwaron like this.

Google should dump LG IMHO for next Nexus handset...I think it is quite obvious they're lacking big time in quality assurance.

Ya agreed, Google should develop its own hardware department for the nexus series. Would probably be of higher quality

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I don't know about you but I work for my money. I don't like spending it on a hero phone only to find out that mine is a beta model and the people buying it after me are getting the improved version for the same amount.
    Do you even have a Nexus 5? Your profile says you have a LG G2 which cost about 40% more than we paid for the Nexus 5 for almost the same phone.
    mrsmumbles likes this.

The only issue I have is a power button that rattles noticeably... To the point that it rattles when I type on the screen.

Should I ask for a replacement? Would they replace for that issue? I've had the phone for 10 days.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    I don't know how redesigned it could be. Except for a slight sharpness on the screen edges mine is perfect and I guarantee that at least 90% of the people who got one and don't read forums think theirs is perfectly fine too.

before i knew there was a revision, i had spoken to google about my loose and rattling power button. glad i asked them about it, since they sent the updated one. people shouldn't care about the speaker holes, but if you were power button was loose, as mine was, it was very annoying. it seems there is a spectrum of how loose the power button was before the update, and mine was on the very loose side. who wants a phone that's not built perfectly from the start?
    Thanked by:
    ABD501 

Quote Originally Posted by Superevangelist12 View Post
    The only issue I have is a power button that rattles noticeably... To the point that it rattles when I type on the screen.

Should I ask for a replacement? Would they replace for that issue? I've had the phone for 10 days.

Posted via Android Central App
    If it's that bad, yes, you can and should get a replacement.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by kyoo View Post
    before i knew there was a revision, i had spoken to google about my loose and rattling power button. glad i asked them about it, since they sent the updated one. people shouldn't care about the speaker holes, but if you were power button was loose, as mine was, it was very annoying. it seems there is a spectrum of how loose the power button was before the update, and mine was on the very loose side. who wants a phone that's not built perfectly from the start?
    I agree with that. If it is rattling when just using the phone normally, it is defective. I'm just surprised that so many would be like that because I usually have the worst luck. But apparently a lot were pretty bad and my luck was just good for once.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by APeX3181 View Post
    I've had my phone for over a month and never thought the speakers were a problem. I also think there is nothing wrong with my buttons. They don't wobble and aren't loose. Perhaps it was only certain phones that had that problem? Or perhaps the design adjustment was implemented a few weeks ago and we just noticed now?
    This is the same case for me. I got mine maybe two weeks after launch (if that long), but I've not run into any of the problems with speaker volume, button looseness, or anything else that some seem to have had with the launch run. Maybe I got lucky, I dunno, but I don't see an issue with the small fixes if they happen. It's part of the joy/danger of choosing to be an early adopter.

...Every year.
    People never learn but they always complain.
    I customized my signature using Motomaker
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by tdizzel View Post
    ...Every year.
    People never learn but they always complain.
    Haa.. Haa..

HTC OneX #Tapatalk

Idk if anyone noticed, but on the picture that shows the difference between the 1st and revamped nexus 5, the revamp looks like it has a wavy like screen. take a close look above the speaker holes where the glass meets the edge. It looks really wavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Low View Post
    Idk if anyone noticed, but on the picture that shows the difference between the 1st and revamped nexus 5, the revamp looks like it has a wavy like screen. take a close look above the speaker holes where the glass meets the edge. It looks really wavy.
    Could be reflection from the glass.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mjburt View Post
    Ya agreed, Google should develop its own hardware department for the nexus series. Would probably be of higher quality

Google owns Motorola, you would think every Nexus phone and tablet would be a Motorola.

Google owns Motorola, you would think every Nexus phone and tablet would be a Motorola.

Companies work on designs a few years in advance so if they didn't order Moto to scrap any they're probably already at capacity. I think in the future Google will have them make the Nexus devices, it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Wouldn't that rush the biggest user of Android - - Samsung - - right out the door? Is that what Google wants? There are many factors in such a decision and I would assume it would be made at the highest levels of Google.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

I bought mine on the day they were released and have absolutely no issues with the speaker or wobbly buttons.
    Thanked by:
    Shilohcane and mrsmumbles like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adranalyne View Post
    This is the second time this has happened. The Nexus 4 added the infamous "nipples" last year. I'm not going to overreact to this, but it's getting pretty annoying to buy a device from Google only for them to redesign it later on. So not only did they release the device with software issues (specifically the camera and speaker), but with hardware issues that they've only now corrected, leaving those of us early adopters with an inferior device.

I spoke with Google this morning and their reaction was that if there's nothing wrong with my device, they won't exchange it. My response was that if there's nothing wrong with my device, why did they redesign it? It got me nowhere. I'm not overly concerned with it because I actually had bought mine at Best Buy and they'll replace it, but the fact that Google did this 2 years in a row is annoying.
    I can understand the frustration, but your are not entitled to the redesigned version. You paid for the nexus 5 the way it was designed at the time, end of story.

Courtesy of my Nexus 5
    Thanked by:
    yfan 

Do you even have a Nexus 5? Your profile says you have a LG G2 which cost about 40% more than we paid for the Nexus 5 for almost the same phone. The G2 even looks like it has the same type of speakers with holes in the grill as the Nexus 5 that took it's design from the G2. Are you just upset that LG fixed the grill on the Nexus 5 but not on your G2?
    Last edited by Shilohcane; 12-14-2013 at 09:42 AM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    854 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Choorp View Post
    I bought my Nexus 5 on day one and am happy that Google is working out some of the kinks and releasing a new hardware revision. No, I don't feel like Google owes me anything. By being an early adopter of anything, you have to accept the possibility that these kinds of things will happen.
    I'm sorry but this is rabid fanboism, which is why I'm not surprised that a couple of the high 5's your post got were from some of the biggest fanbois in AC. This isn't early adoption. This isn't new tech.

If you accept ”these kinds of things” as a consumer, then you either have very low standards or suffer from the kind of blind irrational loyalty often seen in product fanboy/fangirls.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by Rule9 View Post
    I'm sorry but this is rabid fanboism, which is why I'm not surprised that a couple of the high 5's your post got were from some of the biggest fanbois in AC. This isn't early adoption. This isn't new tech.

If you accept ”these kinds of things” as a consumer, then you either have very low standards or suffer from the kind of blind irrational loyalty often seen in product fanboy/fangirls.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Also, it is called Trolling when a Sony Xperia owner comes over with his rabid fanboism to tell people that are perfectly happy with their Nexus 5 how they should think and call them out. I am more than happy with my Nexus 5 and I don't want a Sony Xperia. I wonder why so many trolls that don't own a Nexus 5 feel the need to come on this board to tell people that own the Nexus 5 how we should feel and act?
    Thanked by:
    mrsmumbles likes this.

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts

I don't like how people just label an argument as "fanboyism" just so they can easily dismiss it. Must I be angry at Google about this in order to be a normal, rational person? No. As I said, these things happen sometimes and I don't feel that Google owes me anything. My Nexus 5 doesn't suffer from these issues in the first place. If it did, I'd be requesting RMAs until I got a good one. This is a brand new device. People who buy brand new products at launch are early adopters.

I believe my full quote was "you have to accept the possibility that these kinds of things will happen". Quite a bit of difference in meaning. I'm sue my standards are just as high as the next guy; I expect a high quality product for my money. Since my Nexus 5 doesn't have any of the issues this hardware revision supposedly addresses, I'm happy with my purchase.
    mrsmumbles likes this.

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shilohcane View Post
    Do you even have a Nexus 5? Your profile says you have a LG G2 which cost about 40% more than we paid for the Nexus 5 for almost the same phone. The G2 even looks like it has the same type of speakers with holes in the grill as the Nexus 5 that took it's design from the G2. Are you just upset that LG fixed the grill on the Nexus 5 but not on your G2?
    Judging from this post:

That would really **** me off!!!
    I'd say he doesn't actually have a Nexus 5.
    Thanked by 2:
    Shilohcane likes this.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shilohcane View Post
    Also, it is called Trolling when a Sony Xperia owner comes over with his rabid fanboism to tell people that are perfectly happy with their Nexus 5 how they should think and call them out. I am more than happy with my Nexus 5 and I don't want a Sony Xperia. I wonder why so many trolls that don't own a Nexus 5 feel the need to come on this board to tell people that own the Nexus 5 how we should feel and act?
    Who tried to sell you a Sony??
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast