Not good news.....

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Idk if anyone noticed, but on the picture that shows the difference between the 1st and revamped nexus 5, the revamp looks like it has a wavy like screen. take a close look above the speaker holes where the glass meets the edge. It looks really wavy.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Idk if anyone noticed, but on the picture that shows the difference between the 1st and revamped nexus 5, the revamp looks like it has a wavy like screen. take a close look above the speaker holes where the glass meets the edge. It looks really wavy.

Could be reflection from the glass.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Ya agreed, Google should develop its own hardware department for the nexus series. Would probably be of higher quality

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Google owns Motorola, you would think every Nexus phone and tablet would be a Motorola.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Google owns Motorola, you would think every Nexus phone and tablet would be a Motorola.

Companies work on designs a few years in advance so if they didn't order Moto to scrap any they're probably already at capacity. I think in the future Google will have them make the Nexus devices, it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

Wouldn't that rush the biggest user of Android - - Samsung - - right out the door? Is that what Google wants? There are many factors in such a decision and I would assume it would be made at the highest levels of Google.

willizen

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
This is the second time this has happened. The Nexus 4 added the infamous "nipples" last year. I'm not going to overreact to this, but it's getting pretty annoying to buy a device from Google only for them to redesign it later on. So not only did they release the device with software issues (specifically the camera and speaker), but with hardware issues that they've only now corrected, leaving those of us early adopters with an inferior device.

I spoke with Google this morning and their reaction was that if there's nothing wrong with my device, they won't exchange it. My response was that if there's nothing wrong with my device, why did they redesign it? It got me nowhere. I'm not overly concerned with it because I actually had bought mine at Best Buy and they'll replace it, but the fact that Google did this 2 years in a row is annoying.

I can understand the frustration, but your are not entitled to the redesigned version. You paid for the nexus 5 the way it was designed at the time, end of story.

Courtesy of my Nexus 5

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

Do you even have a Nexus 5? Your profile says you have a LG G2 which cost about 40% more than we paid for the Nexus 5 for almost the same phone. The G2 even looks like it has the same type of speakers with holes in the grill as the Nexus 5 that took it's design from the G2. Are you just upset that LG fixed the grill on the Nexus 5 but not on your G2?

Last edited:

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I bought my Nexus 5 on day one and am happy that Google is working out some of the kinks and releasing a new hardware revision. No, I don't feel like Google owes me anything. By being an early adopter of anything, you have to accept the possibility that these kinds of things will happen.

I'm sorry but this is rabid fanboism, which is why I'm not surprised that a couple of the high 5's your post got were from some of the biggest fanbois in AC. This isn't early adoption. This isn't new tech.

If you accept ?these kinds of things? as a consumer, then you either have very low standards or suffer from the kind of blind irrational loyalty often seen in product fanboy/fangirls.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry but this is rabid fanboism, which is why I'm not surprised that a couple of the high 5's your post got were from some of the biggest fanbois in AC. This isn't early adoption. This isn't new tech.

If you accept ”these kinds of things” as a consumer, then you either have very low standards or suffer from the kind of blind irrational loyalty often seen in product fanboy/fangirls.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Also, it is called Trolling when a Sony Xperia owner comes over with his rabid fanboism to tell people that are perfectly happy with their Nexus 5 how they should think and call them out. I am more than happy with my Nexus 5 and I don't want a Sony Xperia. I wonder why so many trolls that don't own a Nexus 5 feel the need to come on this board to tell people that own the Nexus 5 how we should feel and act?

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't like how people just label an argument as "fanboyism" just so they can easily dismiss it. Must I be angry at Google about this in order to be a normal, rational person? No. As I said, these things happen sometimes and I don't feel that Google owes me anything. My Nexus 5 doesn't suffer from these issues in the first place. If it did, I'd be requesting RMAs until I got a good one. This is a brand new device. People who buy brand new products at launch are early adopters.

If you accept ?these kinds of things? as a consumer, then you either have very low standards or suffer from the kind of blind irrational loyalty often seen in product fanboy/fangirls.

I believe my full quote was "you have to accept the possibility that these kinds of things will happen". Quite a bit of difference in meaning. I'm sue my standards are just as high as the next guy; I expect a high quality product for my money. Since my Nexus 5 doesn't have any of the issues this hardware revision supposedly addresses, I'm happy with my purchase. :)

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Do you even have a Nexus 5? Your profile says you have a LG G2 which cost about 40% more than we paid for the Nexus 5 for almost the same phone. The G2 even looks like it has the same type of speakers with holes in the grill as the Nexus 5 that took it's design from the G2. Are you just upset that LG fixed the grill on the Nexus 5 but not on your G2?

Judging from this post:

That would really **** me off!!!

I'd say he doesn't actually have a Nexus 5.

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Also, it is called Trolling when a Sony Xperia owner comes over with his rabid fanboism to tell people that are perfectly happy with their Nexus 5 how they should think and call them out. I am more than happy with my Nexus 5 and I don't want a Sony Xperia. I wonder why so many trolls that don't own a Nexus 5 feel the need to come on this board to tell people that own the Nexus 5 how we should feel and act?

Who tried to sell you a Sony??

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Judging from this post:

I'd say he doesn't actually have a Nexus 5.

Heck no I don't have a Nexus 5, I have a G2 with a real smartphone sized battery. My buttons haven't needed a do-over and neither has my speaker grill. And after all the credits at&t gave me I ended up paying $49, not $349 like you N5 "early adopters with the defective buttons and crappy speaker grill" bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Heck no I don't have a Nexus 5, I have a G2 with a real smartphone sized battery. My buttons haven't needed a do-over and neither has my speaker grill. And after all the credits at&t gave me I ended up paying $49, not $349 like you N5 "early adopters with the defective buttons and crappy speaker grill" bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!

Thanks for confirming my post, at least. So, the only reason you're here is to stir up arguments between people who are happy with the Nexus 5. I won't even go into the whole "off contract pricing vs contract pricing thing".

mjburt

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

Oh wow, really? Interesting considering Motorola has always a been well known for outstanding hardware. Maybe they don't want to compete with their own company lol.

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for confirming my post, at least. So, the only reason you're here is to stir up arguments between people who are happy with the Nexus 5. I won't even go into the whole "off contract pricing vs contract pricing thing".

The reason I'm here is because I started this thread yesterday after I read the article about the N5 do-over. It would not have mattered what device it was, I thought it sucked for someone to order a brand new phone and pay their hard earned money for it only to find out that it had been "improved" while their's was still on the fed-ex truck. If you don't understand why that sucks then that's your problem.

AND I'm calling BS on everyone who has posted the "I'm fine with my launch date N5, it doesn't have any issues and I don't care that it's not the newest version, Google doesn't owe me anything. My phone is perfect!!!" If you are on this forum and you bought your N5 that early then you do care that you don't have the latest and greatest Nexus 5 available. You are just trying to make yourself feel better.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

I own 2 nexus products. If I want to come in here as an interested user of nexus devices and chime in my 2 cents on how I feel Google is handling other products in an open discussion forum, I will. There's no rule, written or implied that I have to own this iteration of it. If that bothers you? Too bad! :) Use the ignore option, or keep bellyaching.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678