- 23 Posts
Google search returned phone numbers adding 1+
When I do a search for a business and Google results returns the info along with a phone number if I click the number it automatically comes up in the dialer, however it puts a +1 in front of the number and adds the area code.
The dialer makes the call and immediately hangs up with a message call ended?
on Sprint network
Last edited by mikemcs; 12-13-2013 at 03:14 PM.
- 12-13-2013, 03:52 PM #2
- 12-13-2013, 04:00 PM #3
- 12-13-2013, 08:35 PM #4
- 12-14-2013, 06:34 PM #5
- 12-14-2013, 11:30 PM #6
Re: Google search returned phone numbers adding 1+
Because +1 is the code for dialing in these United States. Although it's not usually needed anymore, for the most part, Google has chosen to use it just in case the number you're dialing is outside of your area code. For example, here in NY if you call a borough outside of your own you need to dial 1 before the area code.It is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on!
- 01-02-2014, 11:19 PM #7
- By DayThyme in forum Moto XReplies: 23Last Post: 12-19-2013, 09:59 PM
- By wiJohnGalt in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 21Last Post: 12-15-2013, 11:17 AM
- By Chad H in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 8Last Post: 12-14-2013, 12:05 PM
- By rayvendawn in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 4Last Post: 12-13-2013, 07:14 PM
- By Almeuit in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 7Last Post: 12-13-2013, 04:10 PM