Google Now not available on some Nexus 5 devices?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, there's a long thread in Google Groups of people in both the US and international community not being able to find Google Now.

They swear there is no way to access it and that they have set US English and location on, etc., and nothing they've done helps.

I know there may be something about certain countries not allowing location stuff on but, other than that, does anyone know anything solid about the feature not being on some devices?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It is strange. They insist they have no way to turn it on and that they have tried everything. And that other devices with Google Now (they may mean the voice activated search but I'm not sure) do work, but not their Nexus 5.

It has worked fine on mine. The only problem I've had is that sometimes search stalled. After a reboot it would be fine and it hasn't stalled so far since the latest updates. I keep thinking the posters in that forum must be missing just some simple setting but they say they truly don't have those settings. But if that's the case Google would know and we'd have heard about it from them.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It shows prompts when the phone is first turned on and if you don't do it then it's easy enough to turn it on and fix the settings.

That's what I'm wondering though, if it's disabled somehow in theirs. It doesn't make sense to me. A bunch of them have rooted and done all kinds of stuff and then it worked but others insist they don't have it. :confused: