Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Speaker IS better now!

You guys were right, the speaker is amazing now! Not only louder but much better music reproduction since the updates!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    yfan and VictoriaPa1 like this.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4.2 KitKat

Default Re: Speaker IS better now!

I've noticed that when I'm listening to music through headphones, I have to turn up the volume a little more than I had to before the update.
    Through the speakers, though, it's a major improvement.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes! I haven't tried headphones again yet though. I'll have to check that out. It was probably intentional for hearing protection.

EviI likes this.

If your talking get about right after the update to 4.4.1-2, then yes. The difference was noticeable right on boot. I had to go in and lower my volume; it made that big of a difference on my N5.

Posted via Android Central App
    mrsmumbles and EviI like this.

Great update and I hope that in future devices they think about the speakers and FM radio (a must as standards ) !!
    mrsmumbles likes this.

How many of you have noticed that music is played through both the bottom speaker AND the earpiece? Presumably in stereo mode...
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    How many of you have noticed that music is played through both the bottom speaker AND the earpiece? Presumably in stereo mode...
    Ooooh, I'll have to check that out. It's charging right now. I only noticed it sounded so much better and louder but I didn't test around it to notice a new speaker. :thumbup::beer:

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure that it is new; maybe just never noticed it before.

Mine does not play anything through the earpiece. Is with a specific music player that you have noticed this?

I have not noticed a significant change in sound quality since the 4.4.2 update.

YouTube, Google Play Music and also PowerAmp music app.
    Thanked by:

OK. Mine absolutely does NOT play through the earpiece then. I wonder if this is a configuration or setting somewhere.

BubbleUpnP uses both.
    Great quality & loudness.

It's a GREAT app!
    Controls my home entertainment sound system ... wireless.
    Thanked by:

Do you use ART? Did you order and receive a day one version?

Mine definitely does not appear to be playing any media through my earpiece. I've received the latest update, and it sounds a lot better, but nothing through my earpiece. Anyone have any clue how to turn it on so that it does?

Quote Originally Posted by bayou bandit View Post
    Mine definitely does not appear to be playing any media through my earpiece. I've received the latest update, and it sounds a lot better, but nothing through my earpiece. Anyone have any clue how to turn it on so that it does?
    I have no explanation. I first got wind of this in this thread Google Nexus 5 audio and confirmed that I get sound from both the main speaker and the earpiece with Netflix, YouTube, PowerAmp and Google Play Music. Worked before the 4.4.2 update and still works after. My N5 is stock, unrooted, and I can't think of anything else I have installed which might make a difference.

I do have the Equilizer app installed.
    No idea if that makes a differance.

Really???? Wait the other speaker at the bottom is the mic.This is the first Ive heard about this.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4.2 KitKat

I have no explanation. I first got wind of this in this thread Google Nexus 5 audio and confirmed that I get sound from both the main speaker and the earpiece with Netflix, YouTube, PowerAmp and Google Play Music. Worked before the 4.4.2 update and still works after. My N5 is stock, unrooted, and I can't think of anything else I have installed which might make a difference.
    I've just tested this with Google Play Music - no sound through the earpiece.
    Is there an option in settings that you have to enable? I'd really love this feature.
    (My N5 is also unrooted and stock)

Anyone with 4.4.2 could you do a test and cover the speaker with your finger, and see if you could hear the sound from the mic? I dont know if that dude is trolling but I never heard about sound coming out of both speakers (music) and I dont think theres any option to enable sound coming out of the earpiece.

ROM
    Stock 2.3.5

Mine sounds great. I have the Version 2 speaker grille.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer87 View Post
    Anyone with 4.4.2 could you do a test and cover the speaker with your finger, and see if you could hear the sound from the mic? I dont know if that dude is trolling but I never heard about sound coming out of both speakers (music) and I dont think theres any option to enable sound coming out of the earpiece.
    I'm trying it and not sure. There is sound coming from it but it's not as loud as through the speaker and it may be the speaker sound just also happening to come through the earpiece. Sounds good though.

Not the microphone holes. The earpiece at the top middle.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

I just tried it, while sound does come out of the earpiece I believe it is just reverberation from the speaker. It is probably enhanced when you completely block the speaker grill.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    EviI 
    TheLibertarian likes this.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by Thor20003 View Post
    Not the microphone holes. The earpiece at the top middle.
    Right, I can't tell if through the mic, but there is sound-through from the earpiece. That might be part of why the music sounds better or clearer.

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

There isn't a lot of bass output but it sounds equivalent to a similar sized transistor radio, except without static.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast