- 12-14-2013, 06:11 AM #2
- 12-14-2013, 06:53 AM #3
- 135 Posts
Re: How To Use Nexus 5 As a Remote Controller
using android devices as a remote control for TV, audio, lighting, etc... can all be done, but how one does that is very much dependent on what device/devices you want to control. In many cases, this will require additional hardware.
The general exception to that rule (requiring additional hardware) is if you are trying to control another device that is network enabled, and you can find an app from the manufacturer of that other device.
- 12-14-2013, 07:51 AM #5
- 12-14-2013, 09:53 AM #6
- 12-15-2013, 12:49 PM #8
- 12-15-2013, 01:12 PM #9
- 12-15-2013, 05:43 PM #10
- 135 Posts
Re: How To Use Nexus 5 As a Remote ControllerThought to control TV and dvd player.
If internet enabled, there might be an app for both devices.
If not, you would have to make a choice about what hardware you want to use to transmit IR. I use a global cache WF2IR. I think there is still a device called redeye. Also, Logitech still sells the ultimate hub. There are probably others. Unfortunately, there is no IR built in, so you need additional hardware.
Apps for control will vary, depending on hardware chosen.
- By emiinn in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 41Last Post: 12-23-2013, 10:52 AM
- By diesteldorf in forum Google Nexus 7 (2013) Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 12-15-2013, 10:13 PM
- By stain356 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 12-15-2013, 04:34 PM
- By inbadas in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 12-14-2013, 09:25 PM
- By mrsmumbles in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 4Last Post: 12-14-2013, 03:47 AM