What type of glass is on the Nexus 5 camera lens?
So I'm really prone to scratches (based on my past experiences with smart phones) and I really want to try my best to keep my Nexus 5 scratch and scuff-proof. So I have a screen protector for the actual screen and a case but I'm still worried about the awkward camera lens.
I used the camera len's plastic covering that came out of the box for a week or so but it wore off.
So I'm really anxious to find out what kind of glass covers the camera lens so I can figure out if I need to invest in a full-body covering.
~Thanks and Merry Christmas!:thumbup:
Last edited by mcgowan398; 12-14-2013 at 04:42 PM.
- 12-14-2013, 04:54 PM #2
- 233 Posts
- Stock 4.4.2 KitKat
Re: What type of glass is on the Nexus 5 camera lens?
The glass on the screen is Gorilla Glass 3 which is the most scratch/crack resistant glass out there, so you don't need too much protection for the screen.
I'm not sure about the camera lens though. It's most likely not Gorilla Glass, so you should probably try to avoid scratching it.
- By George Stevens in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 37Last Post: 01-09-2014, 10:14 AM
- By SaundersR in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 10Last Post: 12-17-2013, 06:43 AM
- By Judy Rosenstark in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 2Last Post: 12-15-2013, 08:44 AM
- By droidXclone in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 7Last Post: 12-14-2013, 07:23 PM
- By Prashant Malaviya in forum Nexus 5 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 12-14-2013, 02:52 PM