Play Store broken on new phone

glc650

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Brand new 16GB Nexus 5 just out of the box. First thing installed was 4.4.2. After that Play Store just hangs (shows spinning icon) when selecting My apps > INSTALLED. Only apps I install/update from now on show up under installed (so apps that are installed by default don't show up). Tried resetting Play Store data that didn't help. Then tried a factory reset. That didn't help either.

Thanks,

->g.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Try resetting apps. But you may have to redo your home screens afterwards.

Settings
Apps
Menu Button
Reset

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

glc650

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Try resetting apps. But you may have to redo your home screens afterwards.

Settings
Apps
Menu Button
Reset

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
That didn't work either so I'm just manually updating all the installed apps and that is adding them to my installed apps. Of course the ones that don't have any updates right now wont show up under My Apps > INSTALLED or ALL.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
That didn't work either so I'm just manually updating all the installed apps and that is adding them to my installed apps. Of course the ones that don't have any updates right now wont show up under My Apps > INSTALLED or ALL.

Seems like an issue with the software of the phone. Do you know how to use a factory image? I can teach you if you would like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glc650

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Seems like an issue with the software of the phone. Do you know how to use a factory image? I can teach you if you would like

Not sure it is worth the effort. It looks like any apps I install or update now show up in play store. There's only a few that aren't now (Quick Office, Gmail, Text-to-Speak, etc.) because they are already up to date. I presume once an update becomes available for these (and I update them) they will start showing up in Play Store as well.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Not sure it is worth the effort. It looks like any apps I install or update now show up in play store. There's only a few that aren't now (Quick Office, Gmail, Text-to-Speak, etc.) because they are already up to date. I presume once an update becomes available for these (and I update them) they will start showing up in Play Store as well.
It's certainly an interesting issue. Be sure to let us know if everything works out

glc650

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
It's certainly an interesting issue. Be sure to let us know if everything works out

Looks like all the missing ones are now showing under My Apps even without updating them. Just took a while to propagate I guess. No further issues with Play Store loading either.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Looks like all the missing ones are now showing under My Apps even without updating them. Just took a while to propagate I guess. No further issues with Play Store loading either.

Good! I'm glad you posted the results. :thumbup::beer::)

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2