1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Voice

I can't get Google Voice voicemail to work on T-Mobile. Every time someone calls my number voice chick says call can't be completed and hangs up. It worked perfectly on my n4.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Google Voice

Maybe uninstall and reinstall the app. Then, open up the Google Voice webpage, login, go to settings, and re-enter all the parameters. I have AT&T, and fortunately, it's been working well. Good luck.

agreed. deactivate and reactivate all settings on both phone and web.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Haven't tried deactivating on web. Have done the voice app a bunch of times. Is it working for anyone else? My wife tried installing voice on her N5 and its doing the same thing.

Is it working for anyone else?
    Works on my nexus 5 and with TMobile.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Just a thought, but try opening the stock phone dialer and enter **004*1234567890#

Change 1234567890 to your Google voice number.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Says invalid code when I try that.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I guess I was using Google voice lite. I signed up for a voice number and now it works. Other than it rings my regular number, then rings my voice number. Is there a way to tell my voice number to go straight to voicemail?

Google voice lite is what you want if you just want to use it for voicemail. Are you on a prepaid T-Mobile plan? If so it won't work as that doesn't support conditional call forwarding.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    Google voice lite is what you want if you just want to use it for voicemail. Are you on a prepaid T-Mobile plan? If so it won't work as that doesn't support conditional call forwarding.
    i read somewhere that if you call T-Mob and have the T-Mob Voicemail turned off that Google Voice "LITE" Voicemail will work. i personally have AT&T GoPhone and CCF and GV LITE works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i read somewhere that if you call T-Mob and have the T-Mob Voicemail turned off that Google Voice "LITE" Voicemail will work. i personally have AT&T GoPhone and CCF and GV LITE works like a charm.
    That's the case if you want to use full Google Voice (separate phone number) on prepaid T-Mobile. If you just want to use Lite, CCF is required for it to forward calls from cell number to Google Voice voicemail number. T-Mobile doesn't allow this on prepaid accounts which is a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    That's the case if you want to use full Google Voice (separate phone number) on prepaid T-Mobile. If you just want to use Lite, CCF is required for it to forward calls from cell number to Google Voice voicemail number. T-Mobile doesn't allow this on prepaid accounts which is a bummer.
    that's no good. i love Google Voice "LITE" for Voicemail. it would be hard to live without it.