Sim tray stuck

echual

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Long story short, I accidentally inserted the Sim tray from my nexus 4 into my nexus 5 and managed to get it completely stuck. When I insert a pin out paper clip the tray does not eject at all and remains fit flush with the sides. I have ejected the tray many times in the past so I don't believe it's a matter of inserting the pin improperly. Any suggestions?

I'm also over seas at the moment so I cannot send it in for another few weeks and was really hoping I could use my device for data connectivity.

EviI

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Long story short, I accidentally inserted the Sim tray from my nexus 4 into my nexus 5 and managed to get it completely stuck. When I insert a pin out paper clip the tray does not eject at all and remains fit flush with the sides. I have ejected the tray many times in the past so I don't believe it's a matter of inserting the pin improperly. Any suggestions?

I'm also over seas at the moment so I cannot send it in for another few weeks and was really hoping I could use my device for data connectivity.
Sounds like it's really wedged in there...
I don't think you can get it out any other way other than the pin. :'(

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I would say if you put the pin on angle you might be able to pry it.

- Android Central App. N'oublions jamais l'Australie, Villers-Bretonneux. Prepare for January 26.

echual

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like I'm out of luck.

Does anyone know if the Sim tray on the nexus 4 will work in the nexus 5 or are they completely different and I broke it during the process?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like I'm out of luck.

Does anyone know if the Sim tray on the nexus 4 will work in the nexus 5 or are they completely different and I broke it during the process?

Are you saying you DID break it? Or, are you preparing in case you DO break it?

If you are not using the tool provided with the phone, you may be just having a hard time getting enough leverage to pop the tray out. If I were you, I would find a nearby cellular store (they are everywhere!) and ask them to try popping it open for me. As for paper clips, I have never seen one small enough to fit into the hole on the Nexus 4 or Nexus 5.

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
You can probably take out the back panel to take out the sim tray. Check ifixit for videos on how to safely disassemble the Nexus 5

Sent from my mobile device using an app.