Dropbox doesn't auto upload pics until I open app?

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have this problem? On my GNex, Dropbox would immediately start uploading a pic once it was taken (assuming I had enough battery juice and was on wifi). My N5 does not do this. I've doublechecked the settings to make sure auto upload is on and my battery life is great. I have to open the app, then close the app, and the pics start uploading. I don't have to change any settings are click any buttons, just open and close the app.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm not having an issues with auto-uploading with the Nexus 5. Perhaps uninstall then re-install the app to see if that helps.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
my Dropbox App on Nexus 5 Auto Uploads Camera pics fine without opening the Dropbox App but now there is definitely a delay of at least 10 seconds before it starts uploading. i do not remember having this delay when i was using my old G-Nex - it was pretty much an immediate upload. however i don't know if this new delay is because of the Nexus/KItKat or if it was due to a change to the Dropbox App or system. not a big deal either way.

are you sure it's not just a delay you are seeing. test it out again - wait 60+ seconds.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. This definitely just isn't a delay issue. I took some snaps yesterday afternoon that hadn't yet uploaded this morning. When I went into the app this morning, it started uploading at that point.

I'll try the un/reinstall and see if that works.

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It's been an intermittent problem with me going back to my Samsung GS4. I'm pretty sure it's a Dropbox issue and how it utilizes running in the background.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Still having the trouble, even after 4.4.2 and after an uninstall/reinstall of the app. I don't understand why it works for some folks and not for others. I don't use any task killer app or battery saver features.

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I just tried to do 2 dropbox uploads within hours from each other at my desk in my apartment (LTE on T-Mobile). First photo uploaded immediately with the confirmation notification. 2nd photo didn't upload for about 3 minutes until I opened the app and it immediately uploaded.

:mad::mad::mad:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Wifi only, but I am connected to wifi. Over the course of a day I have traveled in and out of wifi connection and it still doesn't upload until I open the app.

I would wager it is a wifi issue versus a dropbox issue. Try to set it to upload without wifi and try a few pics to see if they upload. The wifi on the my Nexus 5 has been a bit wonky since 4.4.2. If I turn off the wifi before leaving the wifi area no issues. But if I it on and leave wifi, it sometimes does not reconnect.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have this problem? On my GNex, Dropbox would immediately start uploading a pic once it was taken (assuming I had enough battery juice and was on wifi). My N5 does not do this. I've doublechecked the settings to make sure auto upload is on and my battery life is great. I have to open the app, then close the app, and the pics start uploading. I don't have to change any settings are click any buttons, just open and close the app.

Dropbox
Dropbox, Inc. - January 21, 2014

What's New
New in 2.3.12.10
- Fixes Camera Upload issue introduced by Android 4.4.2
- Option to limit Camera Uploads to only photos

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay