1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question UK USERS: About to click "buy" on a nexus 5 few Q's

Currently have an N4 and its been great, first android experience and loved it, one year on and zero issues to report with the N4,

Decided i would like the new N5, first question how long did delivery take? (isnt paying for delivery slightly annoying considering we are spending 300+ on a device come on Google)

Secondly is Google UK (or Dublin in this case) sending out the newer revised N5's? i need to make a decision by the 19th at 12 noon to have the N5 in time for xmas also my wifes pregnant and essentially really need/want a phone incase of that impending call at work, my current N4 is listed on Ebay and finishes Friday night at 9pm!!

I dont half get my self into some situations lol.

Failing this it was going to be a Moto G but the camera looks terrible, i want to capture some of my first babys few months don't think the moto G is up to the job although at half the price of the N5 it sure seems a great deal.

Thanks
    Nexus 4 - Nexus 7 (2013) - Nexus 10 - Chromecast

Default Re: UK USERS: About to click "buy" on a nexus 5 few Q's

If taking pictures on a phone is important. The Nexus 5 is not for you. Even after 4.4.2 it is only adequate in HDR+ mode. Get the HTC one Google play edition if pics matter. Other than the camera, the Nexus 5 rocks.

Posted via Android Central App

Wrong, absolutely wrong, the camera on 4.4.2 is top notch, I think because because of all the negativity of the camera people are just believing without actually looking at the quality of the pictures, its some kind of fad now. Get the the phone Grizzle34 you will not regret it, and not just based on the camera but the entire phone, it comes truly as a magnificent package that just works with your everyday life, I have no regrets and neither will you.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

For the price and hardware, you'll like the Nexus 5. There's nothing to worry about for what you want to use the device for. Sure, other devices offer better camera's. But those devices are also a little more money off-contract.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyjudo View Post
    If taking pictures on a phone is important. The Nexus 5 is not for you. Even after 4.4.2 it is only adequate in HDR+ mode. Get the HTC one Google play edition if pics matter. Other than the camera, the Nexus 5 rocks.

The N5 camera is light years ahead of the ONE GPE camera. With 4.4.2 the N5 camera is excellent. Without HTC's camera software the ultra pixel camera under performs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP

Mine arrived a couple of days after ordering despite an offputting "will be dispatched by xxx" where xxx was about a week away.

Appeared to come from somewhere in London not Ireland according to the Parcel Farce tracking.

My only complaint was it was terribly packed - in a box 4x the size required with just a small bit of scrunched paper as padding, but nowhere nearly enough to stop the box ratting around inside.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Hughes View Post
    Mine arrived a couple of days after ordering despite an offputting "will be dispatched by xxx" where xxx was about a week away.

Appeared to come from somewhere in London not Ireland according to the Parcel Farce tracking.

My only complaint was it was terribly packed - in a box 4x the size required with just a small bit of scrunched paper as padding, but nowhere nearly enough to stop the box ratting around inside.
    Better than last year then it was delivered by DHL with the phone box in a "padded" (and i use that term loosely) envelope thrown in the back of a lorry!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Hughes View Post
    That is quite odd. They package the device quite well in the US. The box is just big enough for the device and the receipt. No wiggle room whatsoever.

Edited to fix a Tapatalk bug. Seems to be having a hard time today quoting the right post.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    -Retired -
    8GB Toshiba Thrive
    AT&T Apple iPhone 3G
    AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-i777

-Current-
    Google Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Apple iPad 4 64GB Black
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Well just pulled the trigger and ordered about 7pm GMT before the deadline date for xmas delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzle34 View Post
    Well just pulled the trigger and ordered about 7pm GMT before the deadline date for xmas delivery.
    You'll love how fast the OS is. You might not think the design is as beautiful as the N4, but if you're into minimalism you'll appreciate the aesthetic and the featherweightness of the N5. The camera takes beautiful pictures and the 4.4.2 update improved the shutter speed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

well i got my N5 yesterday morning, not the revised model has a slightly wobbly power button if you violently shake it but who does anyway.

Great phone, just waiting on my screen protector arriving so leaving the current "NEXUS 5" one on just now and un decided on a case so will get searching.

Thanks for the advice, oh and got my N4 sold for 180