Songza Disconnecting When Screen Locked

SaskNewfie

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey all...sorry if this has been posted somewhere, but I've tried searching through the forums first and had no luck finding anything related to my issue.

I recently switched from iPhone 4S to a Nexus 5 and one of my fav apps is Songza. I use it to stream music quite often while driving, but for some reason on the N5 it keeps disconnecting after 2-5 minutes. When i unlock the phone it says it lost signal, even though there is a strong signal in the area. For some reason once the phone's screen locks, shortly after Songza disconnects.

The settings in the app itself are quite limited in the Android version, compared to the ios version...does anyone have any suggestions to prevent this disconnection from occurring?

Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey all...sorry if this has been posted somewhere, but I've tried searching through the forums first and had no luck finding anything related to my issue.

I recently switched from iPhone 4S to a Nexus 5 and one of my fav apps is Songza. I use it to stream music quite often while driving, but for some reason on the N5 it keeps disconnecting after 2-5 minutes. When i unlock the phone it says it lost signal, even though there is a strong signal in the area. For some reason once the phone's screen locks, shortly after Songza disconnects.

The settings in the app itself are quite limited in the Android version, compared to the ios version...does anyone have any suggestions to prevent this disconnection from occurring?

Thanks!

I think this may just be a bug in the app. I would email the developer and let them know what is happening, device, carrier, etc. Otherwise, hope you are enjoying the device.

SaskNewfie

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I think this may just be a bug in the app. I would email the developer and let them know what is happening, device, carrier, etc. Otherwise, hope you are enjoying the device.

Thanks, I'll do that. I wasn't sure if there was some setting I needed to tweek first. Btw, loving the Nexus 5! Had a Nexus 7 over a year and decided to try this one out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781