Nexus 5 lower volume when connected to AUX that 5s

lsutigers03

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
It's not a huge deal but I've noticed that when I plug up my Nexus 5 via AUX in my car I have to turn the volume up more on the stereo than when I use my 5s. Is there a reason for this and is there a fix?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It's not a huge deal but I've noticed that when I plug up my Nexus 5 via AUX in my car I have to turn the volume up more on the stereo than when I use my 5s. Is there a reason for this and is there a fix?
Probably nothing you can do. If you are rooted there are apps that boost sound. Though, not sure how that would help with Aux.

lsutigers03

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Probably nothing you can do. If you are rooted there are apps that boost sound. Though, not sure how that would help with Aux.

I'm rooted so I'll look around. I figured there was probably nothing that could be done just thought I would ask. Thanks for the reply.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

As far as headphone and volume go, this is something I've dealt with the entire life of the Nexus 4. I think LG basically doesn't use high output parts for the headphone jack. The N4 has been like this for a year . I think that it's getting more attention this time because now there's also a mic volume issue. But I don't think the headphone issue is a software glitch, it's probably the same low output part they stuck in the last Nexus

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site

You really don't want to control the volume with the phone. It can generate some undesirable feedback. In fact, my old Nokia would prompt me to choose either headphone or line-out mode. Line-out is lower and preferred as it provides a steady volume to the stereo.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

This is expected between different devices due to the different audio part selections, mainly the amp. My S2 was also louder so I'm guessing they used a lower power amp than most other manufacturers out there. While you can override the software, be very careful and not overload that amp which you can do if you bypass device safety.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I was playing music with some friends via AUX to a speaker and when I plugged my phone in and played music it was only half as loud compared to my friend's old ****ty phone. Made my shiny new 2013 Nexus device look really lame. It's a shame that they skimped on the audio quality to cut corners. I have to turn the phone volume all the way up in my headphones just for it to sound normal compared to my old phone.

El Valluco

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Ha, yep.. Ran into this as well. Was playing DJ with my N5 plugged in to a stereo at a party for a while but then I had to make a phone call, so my friend plugged in his 5s to take over and BLAM! the music blasted out super loud! Oops!

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been using my iPhone 5 as a glorified iPod since my N5 really is pitiful in the car. Even adjusting the EQ settings doesn't help :/

Take the good with the bad since everything else has been amazing with the N5

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary