1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5 lower volume when connected to AUX that 5s

It's not a huge deal but I've noticed that when I plug up my Nexus 5 via AUX in my car I have to turn the volume up more on the stereo than when I use my 5s. Is there a reason for this and is there a fix?

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Nexus 5 lower volume when connected to AUX that 5s

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers03 View Post
    It's not a huge deal but I've noticed that when I plug up my Nexus 5 via AUX in my car I have to turn the volume up more on the stereo than when I use my 5s. Is there a reason for this and is there a fix?
    Probably nothing you can do. If you are rooted there are apps that boost sound. Though, not sure how that would help with Aux.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Probably nothing you can do. If you are rooted there are apps that boost sound. Though, not sure how that would help with Aux.
    I'm rooted so I'll look around. I figured there was probably nothing that could be done just thought I would ask. Thanks for the reply.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I'm rooted so I'll look around. I figured there was probably nothing that could be done just thought I would ask. Thanks for the reply.
    - This is a thread on XDA for the Nexus 5. Be sure to read through the thread and understand what it's doing and what problems, if any, you will run into.

How are you enjoying the Nexus 5?

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

As far as headphone and volume go, this is something I've dealt with the entire life of the Nexus 4. I think LG basically doesn't use high output parts for the headphone jack. The N4 has been like this for a year . I think that it's getting more attention this time because now there's also a mic volume issue. But I don't think the headphone issue is a software glitch, it's probably the same low output part they stuck in the last Nexus
    The complacency about security among android users is disturbing.

You really don't want to control the volume with the phone. It can generate some undesirable feedback. In fact, my old Nokia would prompt me to choose either headphone or line-out mode. Line-out is lower and preferred as it provides a steady volume to the stereo.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2

This is expected between different devices due to the different audio part selections, mainly the amp. My S2 was also louder so I'm guessing they used a lower power amp than most other manufacturers out there. While you can override the software, be very careful and not overload that amp which you can do if you bypass device safety.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    -Retired -
    8GB Toshiba Thrive
    AT&T Apple iPhone 3G
    AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-i777

-Current-
    Google Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Apple iPad 4 64GB Black

ROM
    Stock

Yeah I was playing music with some friends via AUX to a speaker and when I plugged my phone in and played music it was only half as loud compared to my friend's old ****ty phone. Made my shiny new 2013 Nexus device look really lame. It's a shame that they skimped on the audio quality to cut corners. I have to turn the phone volume all the way up in my headphones just for it to sound normal compared to my old phone.

Ha, yep.. Ran into this as well. Was playing DJ with my N5 plugged in to a stereo at a party for a while but then I had to make a phone call, so my friend plugged in his 5s to take over and BLAM! the music blasted out super loud! Oops!

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

I've been using my iPhone 5 as a glorified iPod since my N5 really is pitiful in the car. Even adjusting the EQ settings doesn't help :/

Take the good with the bad since everything else has been amazing with the N5

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app