Nexus 5 Coming Today - How to Mimic Moto X Features

robjulo

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Sent my Moto X back last week due to camera issues. Trying out the Nexus 5 and it comes today. Is there any way to mimic some of the Moto X exclusive features? I am aware of the Dynamic Notifications App.

The biggest one I think I will miss is the "Always On" voice search. My understanding is the Nexus 5's Voice Commands only work on any of the home screens or the Google Now screen.

Is there a way that, if my phone is plugged in to an outlet (like my car outlet), that I can have a similar experience on the Nexus 5. I liked driving in the car and simply being able to say "Ok Google Now Call so and so" without touching the phone. Is there a way to do that with the Nexus 5 via app or some other power setting.

blackjack521

Nov 6, 2013
www.facebook.com
Not to my knowledge. I tried dynamic and personally didn't like it. I hear that omni ROM has active notifications baked into it but I haven't tried it. Maybe someone who has can come in?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps, you can use Tasker to have the GV commands available while driving. If you have bluetooth connection in your car, you can use that as a trigger to have the voice command listening. I'm new to Tasker, and am not that skilled in it. There is someone name Hollywoodfrodo who has a youtube channel with tutorials. Perhaps, messaging him with your questions can help you set up your phone.

robjulo

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
If you were able to replicate all those features your battery would drain realllll quick

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013

I would only want to replicate the "Always Listening" feature while plugged in - ie in the car. I may try the tasker route as suggested above.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way that, if my phone is plugged in to an outlet (like my car outlet), that I can have a similar experience on the Nexus 5.

Yes, set the phone to "do not sleep when charging"......

IBM Kid

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
You can use tasker along with the open mic+ app to have it set up where it is always listening when the screen is on and only listens with screen off if the phone is charging. This shouldn't impact battery life that much and is what I am planning on doing when I receive my phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle