Front facing Camera Option Disappeared

iLOVEhead

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I do tons of hangouts with my family and I noticed that I cant select the front camera anymore, just the rear or no camera. Today I looked into it a little further and now I dont have the front camera option within the camera application. It was there like 2 or 3 days ago. Anyone else have this problem I am on 4.4.2 for about a week now so I am not 100% sure it was that broke the front camera. Any advice before I have to wipe??

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
With the main camera active, tap the icon at bottom right of screen to open camera settings then tap the camera switch icon on far right.

iLOVEhead

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Lol N4Newbie- yeah I know where it is suppose to be but the option is no longer there.
UJ95x- I tried that also with no luck.
Here are some pictures.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387569038150.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387569038150.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 129

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I seem to recall this coming up once before, probably in the Nexus 4 forum. Perhaps a search there will turn up something.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Now that I think about, try this:

Don't open the camera with the usual icon which is probably at the bottom of your home page. Instead, tap the six-dot icon in the middle to open the app drawer and then tap the camera icon which you will find there. Does it work properly now?

If so, then your other icon is corrupt. Drag it to the trash and then replace it from the app drawer in the usual way.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Now that I think about, try this:

Don't open the camera with the usual icon which is probably at the bottom of your home page. Instead, tap the six-dot icon in the middle to open the app drawer and then tap the camera icon which you will find there. Does it work properly now?

If so, then your other icon is corrupt. Drag it to the trash and then replace it from the app drawer in the usual way.

Not sure I understand why that would work. The icon is just a short cut to the app. All it does is launch the app.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have definitely had issues of this sort with updated widgets and it is not entirely clear to me if the camera is a "standard" icon or a widget in disguise.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Here's another thought. Go to settings/apps, tap the 3 dots at the top right and choose reset app preferences.

iLOVEhead

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I got the phone RMA and got me a shine new one right now and broken one back to Google/LG

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Manish Kumar23

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi.. I faced same issue...after few hours of using front camera via Skype video conferencing.. the front camera option disappeared.... I don't know how to bring it back.... could somebody help me out....!!! This is some common issue for Kit Kat....

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi.. I faced same issue...after few hours of using front camera via Skype video conferencing.. the front camera option disappeared.... I don't know how to bring it back.... could somebody help me out....!!! This is some common issue for Kit Kat....

As a temporary fix, wouldn't a third party camera app relieve this frustration?

Posted via Android Central App

Timothy E

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Can't read the article @ the link you posted. It's covered up by advertisement's. Is there another article with the same information?

- - - Updated - - -

Nope - installing a third part app had the same issue.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can't read the article @ the link you posted. It's covered up by advertisement's. Is there another article with the same information?

The article is simply a post on the Android Central forums by one of our Ambassadors. The ad you see is something that comes up occasionally on Android Central--just click on the X at one of the corners to clear it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles