1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how to assign different ringtones to contacts

how do you go about assigning different ringtones to different contacts. I have went into my sms menu and set ringtone for the different contacts and it still does same ringtones on all sms contacts. What Im looking for is to set different ringtones for wife,son and other people when calling or texting me. Not all the same ringtones. I have open people and sectected wife, when to top right of screen open it to assign ringtone tone and still doesn't work. all contacts are the same ringtones when calling me.

Default Re: how to assign different ringtones to contacts

You might need a 3rd party app for different SMS tones but to change specific persons ringtone just go into People/Contacts tap the person you want and hit the menu top right then Set ringtone.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: how to assign different ringtones to contacts

I have try that and it changes the ringtones for all contacts. I guess I will go back to iphone because I had no problem with iphone. this phone is a night mare. you get a text and it shows up as a big screen, you reply and they never get it. you have to open text app and reply to send it. what the heck does the text pop up as whole screen if its not going to send it.