Nexus 5 or Moto X

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm somewhat of a phone collector and my next purchase is going to either be a Nexus 5 or a Moto X. There are things I like about both but I'm not sure which is the best choice. Which is better and why?

Last edited by a moderator:

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Re: NEXUS 5 or MOTO X

There are other threads about this. Please find and read them. Both of these phones are great phones. Which one will be "better" for you depends on what you want in a device.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Like the above post said, there have been quite a few threads regarding this, and I have seen you in said threads.

Posted via Android Central App

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I've had both and I ended coming back to nexus 5. I really like both phones, but the camera on the x is so bad that I was forced to switch.

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

The camera is one of the least important features to me. I like the idea of a custom Moto X. Olive green with orange or yellow.

Nokia 1520

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Not sure. They were for a couple of weeks, and there's supposed to be another sale right now.

Posted via Android Central App

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

The Moto X only has one feature that I want that the Nexus 5 doesn't have with the ability to say "Ok Google" before the lock screen. Other than that I see nothing about the Moto X that is even close to the Nexus 5. The Moto X may get a extra hour of battery life but the Nexus 5 has more than enough battery life for my needs with ART that I get WELL over 24 hours out of with my normal use. I think the Moto X is a great phone but it has 2012 specs on CPU and graphics. I just don't see why anyone would pay the extra $170 for the Moto X over the Nexus 5.

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site

If you are comfortable with eBay, you can get a new Moto X for surprisingly low prices.

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

I have a G2 so the N5 is a little less desirable to me. Vanilla Android is really all that it has that I would consider better than the G2.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

If you are comfortable with eBay, you can get a new Moto X for surprisingly low prices.

Very comfortable. Just bought a NIB Nokia 1520 off eBay. Still sealed, just like I like em😁

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

But, if I get a moto x I want a customized one. Olive green with orange accents.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

No need to worry about the nanosim. Take a look at this German made nano to micro Sim adapter I use. Did a quick review of it here http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...-made-nano-micro-sim-adapter-works-great.html well worth it. The only adapter I would ever trust. I actively switch my nano Sim between my moto x, nexus 5 & HTC one. Sometimes daily. I have used the adapter over 30 times in the nexus 5 so far and well over 50 times in my HTC one. Takes Me about 20 seconds to swap from the moto x to another device. The adapter is a life saver. The Sim snaps into place so no need to worry about it coming out inside the phone.