- 4 Posts
ATT Roaming Question
I recently activated my N5 on AT&T using the SIM card from my previous phone. After activating it, the signal said I was on roaming where before I had full edge service. All other ATT phones in the area that I know of all are on edge and not roaming. Other areas it seems to be working fine (edge, LTE, etc) . Anyone have any ideas?
- 12-21-2013, 05:27 PM #2
Re: ATT Roaming Question
AT&T branded phones have AT&T firmware that does not report roaming in the US if it is on a roaming partner's network as you don't pay roaming charges. However, non-AT&T branded phone don't have such AT&T specific firmware and it will report as such. You will not get charged for roaming.
AT&T phones also display 4G for HSPA signal and 4G LTE for LTE signal. N5 and other non-AT&T phones will display H for HSPA and LTE for LTE.
- By UncleLes in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 7Last Post: 12-30-2013, 10:31 AM
- By Comfortably Numb in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 12-25-2013, 11:13 PM
- By CeasarNY in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 15Last Post: 12-24-2013, 01:33 AM
- By xhydeffx in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 12-21-2013, 04:02 PM
- By returnoftheyeti in forum HTC OneReplies: 3Last Post: 12-21-2013, 12:54 PM