1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    ROM
    UnNamed 1.1.0

Default Media player keeps launching on its own

Over the last couple weeks, I keep noticing that the last media player I actively used (and closed) would keep randomly launching on its own several times a day. I've noticed it with Google Play Music and Slacker. The app will show up in my notification area, and the media player controls will be on my lock screen...but the app strangely doesn't show up in my running apps. I close it from the notification area and that kills it. I thought it may have to do with Bluetooth connecting because it seemed to happen only in my car, but it is happening randomly outside the car when not connected to Bluetooth as well. I can't pinpoint when it started or what was updated before it started, but it seems to have been in the last couple weeks. I can't be certain, but I think it may have started even before I did the 4.4.2 update. Has anyone else seen this?

Default Re: Media player keeps launching on its own

Does it happen only when you use earphones/headphones?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    ROM
    UnNamed 1.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Does it happen only when you use earphones/headphones?
    No, happens without plugging anything in at all...completely random from all I can tell. Even when phone is in the other room.

Maybe try resetting apps...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    ROM
    UnNamed 1.1.0

Okay, I've finally been able to replicate the issue...I have a Klipsch Bluetooth speaker at home, and I use it in the mornings for alarm. When I noticed later this morning that the media player had launched on its own again, I thought maybe it did it when the Klipsch speaker auto shut-off. I turned it back on, Bluetooth connected to my phone, and then shut it back off. As soon as the Bluetooth connection disconnected, the media player started on my phone. Tried it a few more times and it did the same every time. This is undoubtedly what's happening in my car as well, I have it set to auto connect when I start the car...must be launching it each time I shut the car off.

So...why the hell is this happening?