Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How's your Gorilla Glass 3 holding up?

I purchased my phone on day one and have yet to install a screen protector. Every time I wipe my screen down I inspect for scratches and I'm amazed it has remained unscratched! I've got a speigen temperd glass protector under the tree somewhere and I'm itching to put it on so I'll be covered soon.

Anyone else?

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: How's your Gorilla Glass 3 holding up?

Quote Originally Posted by ludesleep View Post
    I purchased my phone on day one and have yet to install a screen protector. Every time I wipe my screen down I inspect for scratches and I'm amazed it has remained unscratched! I've got a speigen temperd glass protector under the tree somewhere and I'm itching to put it on so I'll be covered soon.

Anyone else?
    I put a screen protector on as soon as I could. Better safe than sorry, and although it still doesn't provide 100% protection it provides some peace of mind.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app

I still have the packing film on mine.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

No thanks on a screen protector. Never been a fan. Though I always make sure to rock a case with a raised lip around the screen. Dropped my Nexus 5 square on its' face in to the cement numerous times already (on accident of course) without any problems at all.

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

Heck no to screen protectors
    This device screen is amazing and doesn't show fingerprints hardly ever

Even the top Spigen crystal shields shows greasy fingerprints after a day...what a waste

My opinion of course

I definitely notice fingerprints/streaking every day. More so against a white backdrop when out in natural light. Nothing horrible but I find myself wanting to have one of those soft screen cleaning cloths close by.

I have used screen protectors on every smartphone I've used. But I can't bring myself to mar this beautiful screen with one. But, of course, I know that even with GG3 it can still get damaged, so I know I should protect it...

I am intrigued by these tempered glass protectors. Do they feel / look like actual glass? I don't want the plastic feel on this phone. I'd like to add the protection but I am really not keen on compromising its form factor and feel. That's what I really love about this phone.

This is my 7th smartphone. I put a screen protector on once and took it off an hour later. I just don't like the look and feel. I don't like or use cases for the same reasons. I've never scratched a screen. I don't worry about it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Dropped my note 3 with gorilla glass 3. Phone was naked and fell about 3 feet to pavement glass down. Showed my wife and she looked over the phone and said "I don't see any damage. " I can say the glass does have some scratches, but they are nill. Good stuff, I don't think I will ever use a screen protector again.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I haven't had any issues at all with the screen. No dings, nicks or scratches. I've only carried it in my inside coat pocket.

I'm on my 5th Android device, currently have 3 and have never used a screen protector - I've never even had the slightest scratch either. Obviously I have cases for all but I just feel protectors spoil the experience really.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

I have never got a scratch on any phone's screen. As long as you aren't rubbing sand on the screen or have a few diamonds in your pocket with the phone then Gorilla Glass really doesn't have much else that scratches the glass. The main issue is if you drop the phone and the glass shatters. Only a case will help save your phone then.

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    I put a screen protector on as soon as I could. Better safe than sorry, and although it still doesn't provide 100% protection it provides some peace of mind.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app
    +1 I always try to get a screen protector on the first minute out of the box!
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

I work in construction. Without a case or screen protector, my phones get pretty trashed. Although GG3 is supposed to be better, I'll keep using both methods of protection.
    Last edited by Gwaron; 12-23-2013 at 01:17 PM.
    srkmagnus and dancing-bass like this.

Big deep scratch on the bottom of Nexus 5 screen, and another lighter one right above it. Can feel the deep scratch with my finger nail, other one is smooth but still visible. Never had any other glass scratch on me before, even without screen protectors. Not sure how it got there, and a little disappointing but it is what it is

Spigen GLAS.t NANO over here, absolutely love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    Dropped my note 3 with gorilla glass 3. Phone was naked and fell about 3 feet to pavement glass down. Showed my wife and she looked over the phone and said "I don't see any damage. " I can say the glass does have some scratches, but they are nill. Good stuff, I don't think I will ever use a screen protector again.

There is no gg3 on the note

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - gorilla glass 3 or not?

I just noticed some light scratches at the top of the screen this morning. It's nothing terribly noticeable, but I had that sinking feeling the moment I noticed them for the first time, and now they're the only thing I'll be able to see when my screen is off for the next little while.

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by techie5 View Post
    That thread is lost lol.
    According to their site it does. I will go with that thanks.

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    That thread is lost lol.
    According to their site it does. I will go with that thanks.

Yes, it definitely does.

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by techie5 View Post
    According to the manufacturer, it does:

Global Posts
    802 Global Posts

I flat out do not like screen protectors. The only screen protector I have ever used was on my Nexus 4 - and that was on the BACK glass. Gorilla Glass 3 is tough. Will it scratch? Yes - if you put it in your pocket with keys and coins and sand! But otherwise, no. If you are worried about shattering the glass because of a drop on a corner of the phone, get a case. Screen protectors are largely a waste, as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    I still have the packing film on mine.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    hehe, my OCD made me keep mine on there. For a while, I kept it on while I was deciding whether to keep it or sell it. Then, I thought it looked cool with the Nexus 5 logo.
    Last edited by Shawn Magm; 12-23-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Magm View Post
    hehe, my OCD made me keep mine on their. For a while, I kept it on while I was deciding whether to keep it or sell it. Then, I thought it looked cool with the Nexus 5 logo.
    It does although it drives me nuts when I'm trying to read.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    I flat out do not like screen protectors. The only screen protector I have ever used was on my Nexus 4 - and that was on the BACK glass. Gorilla Glass 3 is tough. Will it scratch? Yes - if you put it in your pocket with keys and coins and sand! But otherwise, no. If you are worried about shattering the glass because of a drop on a corner of the phone, get a case. Screen protectors are largely a waste, as far as I'm concerned.
    Totally agree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast