1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Voice on Nexus 5

Hi guys - I wanted to get Google voice on the phone, but I've been unable to install it. Play store says it's not available in my country. I have a US bank card registered for payment and a US address in my Google Wallet. Granted, I'm not physically in the country, but a simple VPN connection should circumvent this (assuming they're using IP addresses now to locate me). Play store still doesn't give me the US market. Why not?

PS. I know this might not have been the best place to post but I wanted nexus 5 specific solutions if anyone has them. Thanks!

Default Re: Google Voice on Nexus 5

Even if you installed it, it won't work if you are not in North America physically. Google Voice need to dial a local phone number to make any call.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by foxbat121 View Post
    Even if you installed it, it won't work if you are not in North America physically. Google Voice need to dial a local phone number to make any call.
    I see. I am after an app that does VOIP calling for free to the USA just like you can do through Gmail on a computer. And texting. Does any app do that?

Quote Originally Posted by rieuk View Post
    I see. I am after an app that does VOIP calling for free to the USA just like you can do through Gmail on a computer. And texting. Does any app do that?
    Vonage? Or MagicJack?

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Vonage? Or MagicJack?
    No, I mean an app that uses the VOIP service Google provides for free calling and texting to the USA with the Google Voice number. I suppose there is GrooveIP but the sound quality is just terrible with that app.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by rieuk View Post
    No, I mean an app that uses the VOIP service Google provides for free calling and texting to the USA with the Google Voice number. I suppose there is GrooveIP but the sound quality is just terrible with that app.
    Spare Phone or Talkatone.