Nexus 5 & T-Mobile Wifi Calling

ChrisS#AC

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I think I read somewhere that that T-Mobile doesn't allow wifi calling through the Nexus 5. Is this correct?
Anyone out there using wifi calling on their TMo N5?
We live in a dead zone so the only way we can make calls at home is via Wifi, so the Nexus 5 will not be my next upgrade if that's the case.

Merry Christmas Everyone !!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I was just at T-Mo gathering some info, and that's what they told me--Nexus devices cannot use wi-fi calling.

dazzer87

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I am using Wifi Calling on my N5 on Tmo. Using vonage app (google voice) I have 30 bucks plan and when I am on Wifi I use vonage app to make calls.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's good to know. What I should have clarified is that Nexus devices on T-Mo can't use T-Mo's own wi-fi calling feature.

ChrisS#AC

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Hmm ok, so no to Tmo's dedicated Wi-Fi calling, but yes to any other app that can connect to the internet like Skype, Vonage etc....
what's up with that I wonder....
I currently have the Samsung G III and it works great, but was thinking about upgrading to the Nexus 5, but now ... not so much...
Maybe I'll wait for the Samsung G V :)

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hmm ok, so no to Tmo's dedicated Wi-Fi calling, but yes to any other app that can connect to the internet like Skype, Vonage etc....
what's up with that I wonder....
I currently have the Samsung G III and it works great, but was thinking about upgrading to the Nexus 5, but now ... not so much...
Maybe I'll wait for the Samsung G V :)

The T-Mobile Wi-Fi calling feature is built in at the OS level. It is not an app that can be added later. This allows for users to use their T-Mobile number in order to make and receive calls versus some of the other solutions which require a separate code or phone number.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech