Won't Detect USB 3.0

hell911

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I ordered nexus 5 from google play, got usb cable with it.
connected the cable to my laptop with USB 3.0 port (blue usb port)

but im receiving this error (look pic below)

8yutryuhgftrdfxew3esw32we32er54ty78uytred.jpg

and i have USB 3.0 drivers already installed, my external HDD 3.0 is working fine with my laptop port, and transfer speed is really matching 3.0

how do i fix this with Nexus 5?

ptonantryloc

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
When I plug my Nexus 5 into my Windows 8 computer, I appear to get a USB 3.0 connection (which is rare for me because I'm constantly having USB 3.0 devices connecting as only USB 2.0 devices on this computer under Windows 8). In Devices and Printers, I do NOT get the standard "this device can perform faster..." popup. So, that implies USB 3.0. Opening Device Manager and setting the view to "by Connection" shows the phone connected to "USB Root Hub (xHCI)" and then to "Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0100 (Microsoft)." According to the properties for both of those, they're USB 3.0. However, I transferred a 3.07GB file from the computer to the phone and it took 108 seconds. That's only about 29 MB/s (which is USB 2.0 range). But, I have no idea what speed the user accessible storage is in this phone.

If your device tree in Device Manager looks like mine, then it's possible it's the Nexus' USB driver. There might be something on this page to help:

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/nexus-5-driver-adb-fastboot-installation-guide/

Last edited:

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
However, I transferred a 3.07GB file from the computer to the phone and it took 108 seconds. That's only about 29 MB/s (which is USB 2.0 range). But, I have no idea what speed the user accessible storage is in this phone.

As the link I provided above speculated, "...the N5's SoC supports USB3 but its port is only wired for USB2 so Google should modify the N5's firmware to NOT report USB3 capability since the N5 physically cannot use it."

3.0 cable contains 9 wires, instead of 4 like in 2.0 cable, it should be ~30% thicker, the plug also is much wider and have two "forks". It should get at least twice the speed you reported.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I ordered nexus 5 from google play, got usb cable with it.
connected the cable to my laptop with USB 3.0 port (blue usb port)

but im receiving this error (look pic below)

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z403/hell91131/8yutryuhgftrdfxew3esw32we32er54ty78uytred.jpg

and i have USB 3.0 drivers already installed, my external HDD 3.0 is working fine with my laptop port, and transfer speed is really matching 3.0

how do i fix this with Nexus 5?

Nexus 5 does not have USB 3.0. It has 2.0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk