1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default loose bottom on nexus

Has anyone else noticed the bottom of their phone becoming loose? I have a 32gb black N5, and I was holding it and as I shifted it in my hand it made a clicking sound. If you push on the LG logo on the back it pushes in, and clicks like either glue is gone, or something inside has become detached. It is a launch day nexus so maybe that's why.

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??

Default Re: loose bottom on nexus

The back is held in place by clips located around the perimeter. I wouldn't go out of my to deliberately stress the back cover because, as you can see in this video, there are a lot of active and important components mounted directly to the inside surface of it.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    The back is held in place by clips located around the perimeter. I wouldn't go out of my to deliberately stress the back cover because, as you can see in this video, there are a lot of active and important components mounted directly to the inside surface of it.

Ohh yea def not. I wasn't trying to open it or anything. It just that the back bottom is loose now. I haven't dropped it or anything like that. Maybe I should RMA it? If it gets worse I'm going to have to.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick7526 View Post
    Ohh yea def not. I wasn't trying to open it or anything. It just that the back bottom is loose now. I haven't dropped it or anything like that. Maybe I should RMA it? If it gets worse I'm going to have to.

I would definitely RMA that puppy. I wouldn't feel comfortable if it came loose by itself. You can always snap it back as its secured by clips and then just keep an eye on it. Google will replace it with a new device if it's defective within the first year. Plus they pay shipping both ways. Their service is incredible. Took 5 minutes to get an RMA label and an advanced replacement purchase link. No questions asked.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    -Retired -
    8GB Toshiba Thrive
    AT&T Apple iPhone 3G
    AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-i777

-Current-
    Google Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Apple iPad 4 64GB Black