Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mrsmumbles
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default quiet time

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a quiet time app? I need the app to block all calls except for approved call during xx time frame. Would love to have the notification light turned off as well during quiet time.

Thanks,

Default Re: quiet time

Quote Originally Posted by zulu308 View Post
    Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a quiet time app? I need the app to block all calls except for approved call during xx time frame. Would love to have the notification light turned off as well during quiet time.

Thanks,
    Have you tried Mr. Number?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

that's more of a call blocking app not a sleep/quiet time app..

Tasker ?

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

I use Nights Keeper app. There's a free and paid version. I have the paid version, and now it's on sale for 50% off.

This is literally the one and only thing I miss about iOS. I think Apple does a nice job with the 'Do Not Disturb' app. I really wish Android had something baked into it that had this same functionality.

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

I use Silence Premium.

Posted via Android Central App

I just leave it in another room. Or turn it off.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    patruns likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zulu308 View Post
    Hi folks,

Thanks,
    Get the HTC One. It does it well. Gosh I miss it. It was stolen and I switched to the Nexus 5 for KitKat. Big mistake.

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by red5ive1 View Post
    This is literally the one and only thing I miss about iOS. I think Apple does a nice job with the 'Do Not Disturb' app. I really wish Android had something baked into it that had this same functionality.
    The thing about iOS is that it will offer what Apple thinks is best. For example, if you want to schedule "do not disturb" for a specified time period every day, but only when you are at home (in other words, you want to receive alerts when you are at a different location/travelling), you are SOL. AFAIK, they unfortunately won't permit another app to adjust these settings either, so hoping to get a third party app to do that for you isn't going to work either.

With Android devices, like HTC one, they will offer you what they think is best, but Android will allow third party apps to adjust those settings too. Tasker for example (gosh, I really really like this app - well worth the money that I paid for this) will let you do that (and a lot more)

Android (core OS) currently doesn't bake this functionality into it. Instead, it provides interfaces for third party apps to do that. That way, it can be customized the way users want it.

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

And if it's baked in Android (and the are MANY settings baked in which you have no access to), then there is the option to root your phone, and install a custom ROM.