Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TraderGary
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Getting the Nexus 5........soon

Ive been an iPhone user since day one but from time to time I get bored of iOS. I used to have an EVO 4G and that was my intro to Android, I also had a great time using a Palm Pre for a year, but then it was back to the iPhone. I am currently very bored of iOS, VERY bored indeed. About a month ago I purchased a Nexus 7 and I love it. Im thoroughly enjoying the refinements to Android since Froyo. With that being said my wife asked me last night what i want for our anniversary and I told her i wanted a Nexus 5. I love the screen, love the design, and i think im ready for it. I am on Sprint, can I just purchase a 32GB from the Google play store and when it arrives I can activate it on Sprint? Or not a have to purchase a specific one?

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Default Re: Getting the Nexus 5........soon

Yes, you should be able to simply activate it by purchasing from google now.
    But if you don't mind going down the contract route you can get it for 50$
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Foramex View Post
    Yes, you should be able to simply activate it by purchasing from google now.
    But if you don't mind going down the contract route you can get it for 50$
    Thank you. Im not due for an upgrade till 2015. I purchased the iPhone 5s at launch.

I've been on Sprint for 14 years. I bought my unlocked 32GB black from the Google Play Store. I'm near Atlanta and I picked up a free SIM from my Sprint corporate store in Snellville before my Nexus arrived. Sprint registered the SIM to my account when I picked it up.

When my Nexus 5 arrived, I inserted the SIM and called sprint to activate. You should have no problem.

I also have the Nexus 7 32GB. You will absolutely love having two devices that use the same operating system and work the same way.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    mrsmumbles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TraderGary View Post
    I've been on Sprint for 14 years. I bought my unlocked 32GB black from the Google Play Store. I'm near Atlanta and I picked up a free SIM from my Sprint corporate store in Snellville before my Nexus arrived. Sprint registered the SIM to my account when I picked it up.

When my Nexus 5 arrived, I inserted the SIM and called sprint to activate. You should have no problem.

I also have the Nexus 7 32GB. You will absolutely love having two devices that use the same operating system and work the same way.

That's got to be the smoothest Sprint / Nexus 5 story yet! Very good. :thumbup::beer:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by TraderGary View Post

So I would need a Sim card in order to activate it with sprint, I didn't know that. Is this something I can get at any sprint store?

Quote Originally Posted by Ftspyder View Post
    So I would need a Sim card in order to activate it with sprint, I didn't know that. Is this something I can get at any sprint store?
    Yes. Go to a repair or corporate store, and you'll be good

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??