1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Nexus 5 - Format 64gb Sandisk exFAT to FAT32 possible solution

OK so I was stressing about the 64 gig card I bought on Black Friday being the wrong file system format and not knowing how to reformat it.

Well [face/palm], turns out I just stuck it in this phone, the LG O F7, and it popped up the notification of wrong format and option to reformat. So that is what I did.

The Nexus 5 is on the charger right now but I think I solved the problem which, if I did, improves my day around 100%.

So if you also have a 64 gig card, and don't have a way (you know of) to reformat, try sticking it into any phone you may have with a micro SD slot, and chances are you can format the card successfully and have it ready to use with your Meenova and the Nexus 5.

Here's hoping, anyway.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Google Nexus 5 - Format 64gb Sandisk exFAT to FAT32 possible solution

Formatting the 64gb card in the other phone worked like a charm. The card works in the Meenova, it works with Nexus Media Importer, and Total Commander.

To play files on it using the Meenova you'll possibly want Total Commander because it has its own player, in case you have trouble exploring the files on the card with any other file manager.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Google Nexus 5 - Format 64gb Sandisk exFAT to FAT32 possible solution

With the latest update (v1.3.2) of the "USB-Stick Plugin" for the File Manager "Total Commander" writing to exFAT formatted cards is now possible.