Volume rocker = camera button

mabr82

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys.

Not sure if this is something you are aware of but discovered today that when using the camera on the N5 you can use the volume rocker (either up or down) to take pictures.

Is this a new feature or an old android trick?

If you did not know, it makes taking selfies a lot easier. I know a lot of folks like dedicated camera buttons so this will be useful for them.

Posted via Android Central App with my Nexus 5

Foramex

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys.

Not sure if this is something you are aware of but discovered today that when using the camera on the N5 you can use the volume rocker (either up or down) to take pictures.

Is this a new feature or an old android trick?

If you did not know, it makes taking selfies a lot easier. I know a lot of folks like dedicated camera buttons so this will be useful for them.

Posted via Android Central App with my Nexus 5
I know I also have that on my G2, so it's not a Nexus 5 exclusive.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately it doesn't work like a real shutter button. It doesn't have a half press capability so that you can freeze the focus or aperture and recompose the shot. This is very limiting for a photographer who really knows how to use a camera.

Of course the limitation of having no direct control over aperture, shutter speed, and ISO make it a simple point and shoot camera, albeit a very good one.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63