- 99 Posts
Volume rocker = camera button
Not sure if this is something you are aware of but discovered today that when using the camera on the N5 you can use the volume rocker (either up or down) to take pictures.
Is this a new feature or an old android trick?
If you did not know, it makes taking selfies a lot easier. I know a lot of folks like dedicated camera buttons so this will be useful for them.
Posted via Android Central App with my Nexus 5
- 12-30-2013, 11:58 AM #2
- 12-30-2013, 12:08 PM #3
Re: Volume rocker = camera button
Unfortunately it doesn't work like a real shutter button. It doesn't have a half press capability so that you can freeze the focus or aperture and recompose the shot. This is very limiting for a photographer who really knows how to use a camera.
Of course the limitation of having no direct control over aperture, shutter speed, and ISO make it a simple point and shoot camera, albeit a very good one.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
- By Superduperliscious in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 33Last Post: 09-14-2016, 09:48 AM
- By Chris Centeno in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 04-01-2015, 03:14 PM
- By Nevvi in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 14Last Post: 01-01-2014, 09:24 PM
- By BBKrzy in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 12-30-2013, 10:30 AM
- By arrogen in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 1Last Post: 12-30-2013, 10:14 AM