1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Going to developer mode.

Is going to developer mode bad for your phone and like could I easily go back to the way I first got it?
    I heard a lot of people doing it and I heard it can make your phone faster and better.
    So basically is this bad and can you switch back to regular and also what does it do?

Default Re: Going to developer mode.

Welcome to Android Central! Unless you're a real Android tech-head or a developer, I'd stay away from Developer Options. They allow you to see how certain processes are working, and you can adjust things like animation speed, etc, but you probably won't be able to boost your performance very much, and you might end up causing more problems if you don't know what you're doing. Probably the most interesting thing you can do in the Developer Options is to turn on ART (Android RunTime), which is an experimental code compiler for Android apps that is intended to dramatically improve performance--but the problem is that not many apps are currently compatible. See this article for more info: Five minutes on ART — the new Android runtime | Android Central

You can always change any of the Developer Options back to the default, and you can always turn the Options off, but you can't hide the menu again (unless you do a factory reset).

Default Re: Going to developer mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Edward View Post
    Is going to developer mode bad for your phone and like could I easily go back to the way I first got it?
    I heard a lot of people doing it and I heard it can make your phone faster and better.
    So basically is this bad and can you switch back to regular and also what does it do?
    what B. Diddy said.. I would stay away since you don't seem to know a lot about it.

I just tweak the animation speed. I would learn about dev option before you make any changes. you can always disable the developer option though
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat