- 2 Posts
"hands free" "driving mode" on Nexus 5 with Android 4.4 Kit Kat
I went through all the settings and could not find a way to configure the phone to speak the SMS, the caller id, etc....when I am driving.
On my other phone, a samsung galaxy s3 from verizon with android 4.3, there is a "driving mode". I thought it was a true android capability, but could it be a samsung feature instead ?
In any case how do I get the Nexus 5 with Android 4.4 to do the same ? And as a bonus question, can I get it to do it using an NFC tag...
This is driving me crazy so please somebody answer me fast ! (I called Google and the least I can say is that their support people are absolutely clueless).
- 01-02-2014, 10:27 AM #2
- 01-02-2014, 10:36 AM #3
- 2,650 Posts
Re: "hands free" "driving mode" on Nexus 5 with Android 4.4 Kit KatPat
Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
- 01-02-2014, 11:31 AM #4
Re: "hands free" "driving mode" on Nexus 5 with Android 4.4 Kit Kat
Vlingo was good a long time ago (is been awhile since I used it), take a look at that and see if it's workable for you.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
- 01-02-2014, 03:09 PM #5
- 01-02-2014, 03:14 PM #6
- By yaid#CB in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 4Last Post: 01-04-2014, 07:30 PM
- By lornaevo in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 13Last Post: 01-03-2014, 11:47 AM
- By Antonis Lambrou in forum GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 01-02-2014, 10:50 PM
- By Rodmhar in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 1Last Post: 01-02-2014, 09:15 AM
- By Doobie567 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-02-2014, 08:26 AM