• 1 Post By mrsmumbles
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  • 1 Post By mrsmumbles
  • 2 Post By highercal
  • 1 Post By ShazPrimus
  • 2 Post By gidgiddonihah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Music All Access

I was just curious if anyone has much experience with All Access. From what I have read you can play on multiple devices even though the official word from Google is you can't and up until last night that was true for me (I have been using it for about a week or two now). Now when playing from a different device it stops the original device and gives an error saying my account is being used in another location. Anyone try playing from multiple devices at once? This was a huge seller as I have three different people using the account. I left Spotify for the many bugs but the offline mode was invaluable.

Also I think it should be a no brainer for these companies to come out with family plans. I don't mind paying more to allow more people on, but I do not believe I should have to pay $30 for three people to access All Access or Spotify. I know Rdio does something to this effect but as an audiophile their encoding quality isn't up to snuff. They haven't released anything official but in testing they are obviously using a lower bitrate and/or format (to my ears at least).
    -Retired -
    8GB Toshiba Thrive
    AT&T Apple iPhone 3G
    AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-i777

-Current-
    Google Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Apple iPad 4 64GB Black
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Google Music All Access

I was using it on my S4 Mini And Galaxy Tab 3. I now switched to Nexus 5 and everything still works. I was worried at first when the pin icon didn't appear but it is showing after a wee bit and everything is normal for me. As long as i can get it on my phone I'm happy at least and having it on my Tab is a bonus for me

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Is it better than Pandora? Can you listen to the tracks you choose when you want to?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Is it better than Pandora? Can you listen to the tracks you choose when you want to?

I've never used Pandora but i can download songs or albums to listen to off line and my pc music library is stored in the cloud for me to listen to on the device and add anyone or remove for other songs. It also let's me know other artists similar to what I'm listening to do i can discover others i may like. So far i love it and now has ability to store songs on sd card which was handy on my S4 Mini when i had it. And you can look up other playlists created by others or listen to artist radios. You can listen to access all areas free for first month and i was impressed. I found it easier to use than spotify imo. Hope that helps so far.

Thanked by:
    mrsmumbles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ShazPrimus View Post
    I've never used Pandora but i can download songs or albums to listen to off line and my pc music library is stored in the cloud for me to listen to on the device and add anyone or remove for other songs. It also let's me know other artists similar to what I'm listening to do i can discover others i may like. So far i love it and now has ability to store songs on sd card which was handy on my S4 Mini when i had it. And you can look up other playlists created by others or listen to artist radios. You can listen to access all areas free for first month and i was impressed. I found it easier to use than spotify imo. Hope that helps so far.

Yes, thank you! It sounds pretty good. Once I get my computer fixed and have access to my music library I think this might be something to try. :-)

ShazPrimus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post

It has a radio function which works just like. Pandora. Plug in an artist or genre and you can create a station to play songs.

The difference? Unlimited skips and then you can also search for direct songs, artists, or, albums and play them. So it's basically like having Pandora radio but with extras such as being able to play any song, album, anything on demand.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by:
    ShazPrimus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    It has a radio function which works just like. Pandora. Plug in an artist or genre and you can create a station to play songs.

The difference? Unlimited skips and then you can also search for direct songs, artists, or, albums and play them. So it's basically like having Pandora radio but with extras such as being able to play any song, album, anything on demand.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    That sounds amazing, thanks.

ShazPrimus likes this.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Google music is great! I switched over from spotify because of multiple reasons. One of the biggest was the free 20k song upload. I have 17k songs in my personal library, this service allows me to upload my personal music and enjoy the online library. In my opinion, its better than spotify. Not only is the cloud service great, the online library is massive. They have music that spotify doesn't.

I just checked the multi device feature and it seems to be working fine with me. I have my laptop, work PC, and my nexus 5 playing music. Try resetting your device.

mrsmumbles and ShazPrimus like this.

Aye I forgot to mention that my PC has no problem with access to my subs also. But I agree...I hear so much about spotify but i feel it's all about the social aspect with that format. Google Music is well presented in my eyes and really fits my needs. I don't usually pay for monthly subs for things but this is worth my ten quid a month.

mrsmumbles likes this.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts

I use rhapsody and pay 14.99 a month and can have 3 devices plus a comp. And it can be any 3 devices. Me my wife and my daughter can all listen to as much as we want. I have not figured out how we can do the same with Google without them having to log in without my gmail which then wants to download my contacts on there phone!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

You can't play music on two devices simultaneously. It will after a period of a few minutes give you a message to that affect. But you can give access to ten devices.

I gave access to my wife in her iPhone and will give access to my brother. I use it mostly in the car so the chances are slim they week use it at the same time.

Now what you can do, is download what you want to listen to and they can do the same. But streaming won't work

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 2:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by knightblaze View Post
    You can't play music on two devices simultaneously. It will after a period of a few minutes give you a message to that affect. But you can give access to ten devices.

I gave access to my wife in her iPhone and will give access to my brother. I use it mostly in the car so the chances are slim they week use it at the same time.

Now what you can do, is download what you want to listen to and they can do the same. But streaming won't work

This last week or two I could stream for hours concurrently on two devices. I know Google's official stance was only one device but from what I had read people could get it streaming on 4 devices. I wonder what is up with that.

Thanks for clearing up the whole download thing though. The offline mode on Spotify was nice so it's good to know I can do something similar here.

-Retired -
    8GB Toshiba Thrive
    AT&T Apple iPhone 3G

-Current-
    Apple iPad 4 64GB Black
    Thanked by:

Yeah it used to work for me, but this past month I've been getting that message. I'd have my tablet and phone trying to stream two different things one for me through my headset and tablet for co workers. Maybe since it was on the same Wi-Fi network, not sure

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

I'm afraid the inability to stream on more than one device simultaneously is by design. I agree a family plan would be nice (ala Netlix's "profiles"), but then again, it IS $10 a month. Yes, for 3 people it's $30, but if there are three serious streamers in your home, you may find that paying the $30 is well worth it.

I actually stopped my subscription to Google Music, however, despite the fact that I have the option to renew at $8 a month. The reason has nothing to do with Google Music and its quality - the quality is superb and it's scary awesome the speed and accuracy with which it learned my music taste. Nonetheless, Pandora suffices for my needs when I do stream music. I don't really stream music in my car or commutes - that time is usually filled with podcast (if in the car) or reading (if on transit). The only time I stream music are to entertain friends (who of course bring their own music as well) or during cardio workouts. On my bike rides, sometimes it's music, sometimes podcasts. I decided that I'm not a serious enough streamer to need an ad free, unlimited-skips music service.
    Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    I'm afraid the inability to stream on more than one device simultaneously is by design. I agree a family plan would be nice (ala Netlix's "profiles"), but then again, it IS $10 a month. Yes, for 3 people it's $30, but if there are three serious streamers in your home, you may find that paying the $30 is well worth it.
    They are bumming off my account. No way am I paying $20 for them to access it .

-Retired -
    8GB Toshiba Thrive
    AT&T Apple iPhone 3G

-Current-
    Apple iPad 4 64GB Black
    mrsmumbles and ShazPrimus like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gidgiddonihah View Post
    I was just curious if anyone has much experience with All Access. From what I have read you can play on multiple devices even though the official word from Google is you can't and up until last night that was true for me (I have been using it for about a week or two now). Now when playing from a different device it stops the original device and gives an error saying my account is being used in another location. Anyone try playing from multiple devices at once? This was a huge seller as I have three different people using the account. I left Spotify for the many bugs but the offline mode was invaluable.

Also I think it should be a no brainer for these companies to come out with family plans. I don't mind paying more to allow more people on, but I do not believe I should have to pay $30 for three people to access All Access or Spotify. I know Rdio does something to this effect but as an audiophile their encoding quality isn't up to snuff. They haven't released anything official but in testing they are obviously using a lower bitrate and/or format (to my ears at least).
    Rdio has family plans and I think it's better than all access.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    iPhone 5S+Galaxy S5 user. Google Glass Explorer.

Follow Me:

App.Net: sleepnclass
    Twitter: sleepnclass

Peace & Blessings.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by deadp1xel View Post
    Rdio has family plans and I think it's better than all access.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    I did their trial but like I said in my OP, the audio quality is not Spotify or All Access. For 99% of the world it would be more than fine but I'm picky and have a very expensive headphone setup for music. I'll just kick the family off when I'm using it. Or listen to my FLAC library. :-)

-Retired -
    8GB Toshiba Thrive
    AT&T Apple iPhone 3G

-Current-
    Apple iPad 4 64GB Black

I did their trial but like I said in my OP, the audio quality is not Spotify or All Access. For 99% of the world it would be more than fine but I'm picky and have a very expensive headphone setup for music. I'll just kick the family off when I'm using it. Or listen to my FLAC library. :-)

I don't own expensive earphones but i do buy quality ones and i like my music file to be of high quality also. So Rdio wouldn't do it for me. I like to pay for things if it is of decent quality other wise no dice so I'm with you on that one too.

All access is a good choice if you listen to music directly on your phone or computer. It has a higher bit rate than any service but MOG. Unfortunately, there are no currently apps to allow one to use All Access with a Roku, Sonos or Squeezebox system. That made Google a non-starter for me. I use MOG and really like it. For some reason, MOG album art does not show up on my Nexus 5 or Roku, but it does on my Squeezebox system.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by Viventis View Post
    All access is a good choice if you listen to music directly on your phone or computer. It has a higher bit rate than any service but MOG. Unfortunately, there are no currently apps to allow one to use All Access with a Roku, Sonos or Squeezebox system. That made Google a non-starter for me. I use MOG and really like it. For some reason, MOG album art does not show up on my Nexus 5 or Roku, but it does on my Squeezebox system.
    Using All Access with my Roku box right now. It's a beta private app. I can post the link if your interested.

Also Spotify uses 92, 160 and 320 Kbps Vorbis which generally sounds better at lower bitrates than MP3 which is what MOG and All Access use. MP3 is an outdated, old, and poor sounding codec when compared to the newer stuff. At 320 it sounds solid but the lower bitrates it doesn't do so well.

-Retired -
    8GB Toshiba Thrive
    AT&T Apple iPhone 3G

-Current-
    Apple iPad 4 64GB Black

Using All Access with my Roku box right now. It's a beta private app. I can post the link if your interested.
    pmji here - but I'm looking for a way to stream All Access music to my Squeezebox - would like to do thus before MOG shuts down for good. (FWIW MOG has been a good audiophile quality service and I'll be sorryto see it go - but no Beats for me.) I like the Google service but it really requires that I have a laptop or Android device on all the time.

There must be quite a few others who want to stream music directly to their audio system - can't believe that Google don't see the potential here. Some qns for you:

- Can you provide some more info and/or a link to your Roku app?
    - Can your app be modifed to support other devices like Squeezebox?

TIA,
    Brencam